cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Work process utilization in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any method to take dialog and background work process utilization for the whole day in SAP. Also let me know possibility of restricting   background jobs run in particular application server only while triggering from ControlM.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

willi_eimler
Contributor

Hi Raj,

take a look at transaction RZ20

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks .But i am looking for any report hourly basis how many background job waiting status and running status in all the application servers.Please help me on this.We are going to schedule nearly 20 background jobs in production system want to know this details to schedule proper time. Please help me on this.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

/sdf/mon can give you the exact output with defined frequency (even it captures data every 5secs).

Schedule it in your system and get all the required details.

If you want to restrict the jobs to run on particular applcation server then you should use background job server configuration which can be done using sm68 (Please check all sm6* tcodes, I forgot the exact one ). There you can define your background servers so that all jobs can diverted to that apps server.

Regards,

Nick Loy

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check ST03n for this.

Also, RZ20 is for almost real time utilisation.

Also, did you try use logon group having on desired application server and job scheduling for specific servers from sm37 ?

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

maybe you can use transaction RZ01?

The RZ01 gives a grafical overview of the batch work processes of all servers of a system. there you can identify bottlenecks.

Best regards

Willi Eimler