cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Purchase order number in Sales order item level from inbound ORDCHG iDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to update purchase order number from the iDoc 'ORDCHG' to sales order item level (sold to party purchase order number) i.e, VBAK-BSTKD.

Which exit I need to use?  where to update?  Can you please help.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

San

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally Resolved the problem by writing 2 exits.

one exit 'EXIT_SAPLVEDB_007'  for identify correct item in the sales order by updating the customer purchase order item number i.e., VBAP-POSEX.  if we update the POSEX field then it wont create new item instead, it will update the item which it is referring to .

2nd exit for updating the purchase order number. 

I have tried to pass the program name, screen number, field name, field value etc to bdcdata in the exit 'EXIT_SAPLVEDB_002'. but I observed that it is not going to that screen in the debugging.

when I try E1EDP02 with QUALF '044' it will update ship-to party's purchase order number.  so to update ship-to party's purchase order number it is going to that screen. 
so I have used that thing to update purchase order number in sold-to party's purchase order number.

so when it is going that screen iam changing the field name 'VBKD-BSTKD_E' to 'VBKD-BSTKD' in bdcdata.  Then it is worked.

This is the solution I found in my time.

Any way it is solved.  Hope it will be helpful for others who will get this problem.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Really glad to hear it's been solved. But this discussion is still labeled as 'not answred' - kindly update it (see this blog).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

Please try to put in values in the fields as shown below:

This is in segment: E1EDK02 for ORDCHG IDOC, also please select the Qualifier as 01.

Hope this helps !

Regards

Subhajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhajit,

if we put the QUALF with '001' for the segment E1EDK02 then Purchase order number is updating in header level and for all the items in item level also.

So its not working if we put like that.

Regards,

Santhi

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried just filling in the corresponsing field in the IDoc? How did you arrive at a conclusion that this would require a user exit?