cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hook Task "1 Create AS JAVA User" is lost in Identity Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello IDM experts,

I am struggling to find Hook Task "1 Create AS JAVA User" in Identity center.

By mistake it was dragged but as I noticed that I did not drag into any folder. Clicking on popup message resulted in change. I did not see any confirmation message to allow this.

Even I have searched using Find option with value "Create AS JAVA User" (shown in screenshot), I do not find it in Identity Center.

When I try to import Hook task again, I get warning message as "Task '1 Create AS JAVA User' exist somewhere in the Identity Center"

but not known where it is located now.

I do not want to import again as it is already present somewhere but not searchable and Task IDs and Job IDs would change with new import.

Kindly assist on how to resolve this issue. How to find this Hook Task in Identity center.

Its very urgent as It has happened in production.

Screenshots are below.

Regards,

Pradeep Singh Rawat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

if you want to search for a task name you must not check the box "Find Tasks or Jobs only" - this only works with task id. Uncheck the box and try again.

Also what you can do is get the task id from db (select * from mxp_tasks where UPPER(taskname) like UPPER('Create AS JAVA User') - without UPPER on MSSQL). With task-id search is much faster.

Regards

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Norman,

Thank you for quick reply.

I know task ID but with task ID search does not work but gives below error. earlier it used to work.

Version SAP IDM 7.2 SP8.

Task ID is visible in table MXP_TASKS.

With task name and checkbox search works as i have checked it for task which is visible,

Awaiting for solution. thank you.

Regards,

Pradeep

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, know that one

Can you try it in meanwhile with checkbox unchecked.

Otherwise you can only reverse search in table mxp_tasks with statement

select a.taskname as parenttask, b.taskref, c.group_name
from mxp_tasks a inner join mxp_tasklnk b on a.taskid=b.taskref

left outer join mc_group c on
a.taskgroup = c.group_id where b.tasklnk = <taskid>

... until the last row becomes a 0 - then you have the folder the task is in.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Norman,

Thanks!!

Currently search without checkbox is currently running.

I ran your query

select a.taskname as parenttask, b.taskref, c.group_name
from mxp_tasks a inner join mxp_tasklnk b on a.taskid=b.taskref

left outer join mc_group c on
a.taskgroup = c.group_id where b.tasklnk = <taskid>

but it gives me PARENTTASK as "Check backendtype"  and TASKREF as its task ID and GROUP_NAME as NULL .

I get only this as one row.

Kindly let me know if I am missing anything.

Thank you.

Regards,

Pradeep

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check beckendtype is parend of create java user. So this is correct. I guess there is an error now in your DB if this one does not have a taskid anymore.

In order to have a quick fix do following: Copy the whole Plugin "1 Create AS Java user" somewhere else and transport the copy. This copy you should be able to import as it has another UID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Thank you.

If task ID of Check backendtype is given as value for <taskid>  in your query then it shows Task "1 Create AS JAVA User" as PARENTTASK and GROUP_NAME as NULL.

So, I think issue would be that both task are now PARENTTASK of eachother which I think is wrong.

I ran query for other Task "2 Modify AS JAVA User" visible in console where I do not get entry as this task is not have parent task above it.

I ran query for Task "Check backendtype" which is under Task "2 Modify AS JAVA User" in console, so it returns Task "2 Modify AS JAVA User" as query output and GROUP_NAME as Plugins.

So, It looks somehow wrong information is in DB for Task "1 Create AS JAVA User" .

I do not why it happened and how to resolve this.

Kindly let me know if we could resolve it.

Importing Task would create different Task ID and Job IDs but we want to use same Task ID for task  "1 Create AS JAVA User" which is already there in DB but not visible in console.

meanwhile search without checkbox did not give any result.

Thank you for checking this issue.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Norman for your check on this issue.

Issue was that Hook Task "1 Create AS JAVA User" got dragged below task "Check backendtype"

under node LDAP which somehow set value of group id to NULL (not assigned to any folder) for this task.

This resulted in not being visible in the group (Folder)

New Folder was created and and using direct database update NULL was updated by new group id (folder id) and which made this task visible under new folder.

This task was unlinked from under LDAP node.

Later this task was cut paste into its existing folder and enabled and in this way we were able to get this task back with original task id. 🙂

Regards,

Pradeep

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just as an update to this issue, we found the answer... The drag n' drop caused a one in a billion occurrence that caused IDM to loose the Tasklink value corresponding to the task that went missing.

After a direct database update we were able to bring it back.

Solving this was a HUGE team effort.

, this should probably get closed out

Answers (0)