cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP failing at Delivery level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem problem while creating delivery in referece to a sales order.

The issue is as follows:

1. I have created a sales order with 10line items.

2. In line item 40, the material quantity entered is 2000. The total stock of this material code as can be seen in MMBE under unrestricted stock in FG01 storage location is 4000

3. however, there are other sales orders for a quantity of 2000. therefore 2000 qty is getting reserved against those orders and remaining 2000 is reserved aginst this particular sales order with confirmed qty in schedule line as 2000

4. Now when i create delivery from VA02, in line item 40 the qty is coming as 0

5. I have checked MD04 but found no other order or delivery to consume the stock.

6. Now the strange part is when i go to VL01N and enter the sales order number and put only line 40 and press enter, the entire stock is appearing in the delivery document.

Can you please suggest why SAP is behaving this way? What configurations could be missing? In OVZ9 we have configurations maintained for A (Orders) and B(Delivery). The check boxes selected are Incl reservations, Incl, sales reqmts, and incl deliveries.

Awaiting a reply on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should use CO09 to analyze your ATP situation, MD04 is quite different on that, you can see a comparison in my blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Just earlier this week I have learnt about INTRASTAT report through one of your previous posts that has helped my understanding on INTRASTAT. Would like to appreciate your efforts on your contribtution.

Coming back to this post, the above although was helpful in my understanding of difference between CO09 and MD04, however was not able to help me resolve my issue.

The behavious was appearing strange since when i create delivery through VA02, the delivery qty in line 40 was zero. However when the same was created through VL01N and inserting the sales order number and individual line item number 40, it was picking the delivery qty as 2000.

Was not able to understand how system is pickinf the stock when I am creating delivery for individual line item through VL01N but giving zero when creating delivery for entire order through VA02. Also when I am creating the delivery for all line items in VL01N then again line item 40 has qty 0.

Note: The material is not repeating in any line item within the same sales order.

Request you to please suggest about this behaviour of SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the things to try is corrective report SDRQCR21.

Go to SE38 and execute the report for that material, make sure it's not in test mode (check data transfer check box), and leave all the other settings by default.

If there is any inconsistency causing this it will be fixed by this report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

We have already tried this program but even this did not seem to work for us.

As specified earlier, the quantity is coming as zero when delivery is being created for entire sales order. However when i create delivery only for that particular line item the quantity is appearing and letting me do delivery and PGI.

It has been given as an interim solution to the user to create individual delivery for each line item of the sales order.

In the meanwhile I am trying to find out the cause of this which am not able to comprehend. Request if you can throw some light on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I see, this is a very strange case, very hard to think of a reason for this other than a inconsistency of some sort.

Let's try this.
Create two deliveries. One for the other items, and the other for the item that's having a 0 qty.

Open both deliveries in VL03N and go through header data in delivery, compare everything for differences.
Also compare on item level.
Let's see if you can find something.

Also, might be interesting to compare at item level on sales order.
Maybe different shipping point, but in this case it wouldn't create an item at all, but the system created one for 0 qty.

It is best to try to compare everything and see if something comes up.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
As specified earlier, the quantity is coming as zero when delivery is being created for entire sales order.

Is the correct storage location determined in the delivery? I've seen that behavior when the material master data is wrong.

If you want to get your hands dirty, you can debug the copy routine for that particular item. It isn't easy, but...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Closing this thread.

This is an SAP bug. Solution specified in the following link:

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Do you have custom code maintained in user exit EXIT_SAPLATPC_001 or EXIT_SAPLATPC_002?