Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Lookup getting executed only once after activation

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario wherein I am using RFC Lookup to get properties of business documents. When I activate the corresponding RFC communication channel it works perfectly fine for the first time. However, when I run the transaction again the RFC lookup does not yield anything. Wonder if it has to do with cache so I have checked the cache it is all good. It works fine when I test execute in operation mapping. Not sure what is causing this issue. Please share any ideas or thoughts you have to resolve this issue.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Anand Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had missed on mapping the ET_RETURN and so in the second or subsequent calls it is throwing some error messages even though everything is the same. I will look into the ECC side now. Some custom coding is done at ECC side. Due to this missing ET_RETURN mapping I was thinking that it was not calling the RFC again. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for all your suggestions and quick responses. Appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Anand Patil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

If possible enable a trace message in your RFC and see the second call which you think is not returning any values is indeed reaching the backend.

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Are you using standard RFC lookup or UDF? Do you see any error in receiver communication channel?

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi N J,

I am using standard RFC lookup. I don't see any errors in the receiver communication channel.

Best Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is any message id generation in RFC channel, that means your RFC call success. Try to use "exception" option in lookup and try to write the exception in trace. and please check NWA logs also, you might get something.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just check the bindings again i.e. modify and re-activate MM,OM and Interface determination objects to see if that helps..

Did you notice any message under channel monitoring log during the RFC look-up execution?