cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove repeated and blank values from complex table drop down in SAPWM 6.0 application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm adding a complex drop down in a component screen , the values are populating correctly, but it also contains blank values and repeated values.

I've set Table Index as the key field of the complex table and display and return field is a new column from the complex table.

Is there any way i can remove the repeated and blank values either from agentry or Java end ?

Thanks,

Vinuta

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Vinatu,

Your display field needs to display unique values.  Your UnloadingPoint field is not unique and that is why you are seeing duplicates.  If you create an index on the UnloadingPoint field and point to that index on this CT drop down, then you will only see one instance of the unloading points, and no duplicates.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply,

I have created the index for unloading point as folowing

and my drop down looks like this

I've changed the table index to unloading point itself, but no field appears then.

what am I missing here ?

Regards,

vinuta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Json,

I changed the parent index to no parent and Table index in complex drop down to unloading point itself, now i do not get repeated values. Thanks for your help .

But still there is a blank field appearing.

Is there any way to remove it ?

Regards,

Vinuta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have special Value on the field that is currently sent to blank?

Stephen

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Vinuta,

Good, I was going to tell you to remove the parent on the index which didn't make sense.  That blank is either a blank in the unloadingpoint column data on a row in the table, or you have a special value of blank set up on the screen field or maybe transaction property the screen field is tied to.  Double-check your data first.  You can inspect the complex table rows in the ATE (Agentry Test Environment) for the CT to verify the problem is not in the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Stephen, There is no special value set.

But I have blank values in my data itself and i can't remove it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Jason, I checked in ATE and there are blank values in the data and it cannot be removed from the backend.

And there is no special value set.

Is there any way to hide that blank field ?

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Vinuta,

You could add a special value to the field with a value equal to whatever those blank entries are: a space or an empty string.  Then set the display value on the special value to NONE or something else.  You cannot remove the empty entry from the list because it is in the data, but you can change its display value.  I believe this will work.  Other possibility is that it adds the NONE but you still see the blank line.  In that case, there is no workaround other than to fix the blank data when you build the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Yes i added the special value, it is now displaying both none and blank line.

Will try and fix the data in the table.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

vinuta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only the Key index of the Complex table will be unique.  If you have other columns that have the same information they will be displayed.

If you have fields with the same value but come from different areas (i.e. Site) You can create a index on the display field and have a index on the site field.  Then sent the the Site index as a Parent index to the display field index. 

Next on the screen under Cascade Parent set the value parent index you want to use. on the "Table Index" field use your index with the parent.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply

I have added unloading point to the parts complex table which has no relation with the materials in part table,

And i also have created the index and given that index for the drop down and set parent index to the key index.

Is that how you had explained ?

Thanks