cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send PDF rawstring data to SAP Print Spool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing a Webdynpro ABAP application for creating Sales Orders.  In this application, I would have the file upload functionality from  where the user can upload PDF file attachments.  The file upload mechanism is simlar to the SCN article:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51061.  The database table would have the sales order number in addition as key to identify the respective file attachments.

Requirement:

With the sales order search functionality, the sales order details and its associated file attachments could be viewed from the Sales Order Search WebDynpro Application.  The requirement is to implement a button with ‘Send to print spool’ functionality as shown in the below mock-up screen.  On click of ‘Send to print spool’, the program should be able to send this PDF rawstring data to the SAP print spool.

A test report program is created to use the function modules 'SCMS_XSTRING_TO_BINARY' and 'SCMS_BINARY_TO_TEXT' and then send the text to print spool, but did not work.  These function modules work well for Smartforms or Adobe forms related pdf data.  But they do not seem to work for the PDF rawstring data available from database table.

Do we have any means by which the pdf rawstring data could be sent to SAP print spool?

Thanks in advance!

Warm Regards,

Yuvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvi,

You need to use the below FMs to write the xstring pdf data to spool

ADS_SR_OPEN

ADS_GET_PATH

ADS_WRITE_TO_FILE .... " here you send the XSTRING data

ADS_SR_CONFIRM

ADS_SR_CLOSE

Check the below thread:

Retrieve Archived PDF and print | SCN

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I have tried with the ADS function modules but they don't seem to work for the rawstring file data stored in database table.  I will stop tracking this query as we have proposed a different solution for this requirement.

Thanks for your help!

Warm Regards,

Yuvi

Answers (0)