cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 'managed systems' upgrade while running ChaRM on SOLMAN 7.1 SP06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm wondering if anybody can advice about potential issues and constrains associated with  'managed systems'  upgrade while still running ChaRM for them?

Is it technically possible to upgrade 'managed systems' and at the same time keep moving transports & managing changes via ChaRM for them?

Due to internal procedures of my client, the upgrade could take more than 4 months, so the client wants to keep ChaRM running for the 'managed systems' for entire period of the upgrade.

Any idea if this is a realistic approach?

Thanks & regards,

MM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another issue you might encounter is in case you intend to move any transports from pre upgrade to post upgrade system CHARM (STMS) will throw an error complaining about the release or SP level of the software components. You will need to update the STMS parameter to ignore invalid component version.

it is not recommended to move transports from different support packs but at times the business might require such a move.

- sid

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all very much for your help! Much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

As mentioned by Jansi. no issue using the ChaRM during upgrade .

As i know only below things needs to be take care during the upgrade downtime ( system down)

check the below link

Check the step 5. Temporary inactive system flag in SMSY and set inactive falg during the downtime period .

After upgrade re-synchronize the latest update from LMDB (SLD) or Read System Data Remote in SMSY.(RFC).

Remaining are same .

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

no impact on charm, becaue during the upgrade you have code freeze, either or the way you cant proceed any changes,

and also before upgrade, you have basic procedure that we shouldnt keep any open transports to avoid, in this case, logically you need to close all the open transports and al the maintenance cylcles

but this is depends on your upgrade strategy,

thanks

Jansi