cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry | Windows Command | Action Type | Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to open a Windows Application from an Agentry Application.

I am using an Action of type "Windows Command" which will be triggered on a button click in Agentry.

In the action definition I have specified the value to Command Line property in different ways as mentioned below;

1. C:/Path/To/My/App.exe

2. "C:/Path/To/My/App.exe"

3. C:/Path/To/My/App.exe arg1 arg2 (here, arg1 and arg2 are arguments/parameters specific to my App.exe)

4. "C:/Path/To/My/App.exe" arg1 arg2

All of the above mentioned values (one at a time) work for me and I can open the Windows App on click of a button in Agentry App.

The other properties;

"Wait" check box is unchecked.

"Continue Label" is set to OK

"Cancel Label" is set to Not Allowed

But the issue is, I am able to do this in ATE and not in Windows Client or on Windows Device.

ATE Version is Agentry v6.1.0.3

Windows Client Version is Agentry v6.1.3.10200 (SAP WM 6.0)

Also tried it on Windows Client Version Agentry v7.0.3.257 (SAP WM 6.1.0)

Please put in your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,

Dharmaraj Patil

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the Windows Client, you are using the (old) Win32 client or WPF Client?

- I am not sure it was implemented yet on the WPF clients.

For the Windows Mobile Client by default don't have a Windows Command Line in the OS.  You would need to install a 3rd part application that does windows command line on Windows Mobile.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using WPF Client for SAP WM 6.0 and also tried it on 6.1.0.

Ultimately, what I want to do is open another Windows App and pass few parameters to it.

Creating/ installing another app which does windows command line will complicate the things and add dependencies.

Whats your opinion?

Regards,

Dharmaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use SMP 3 (WM 6.1) you can use the OpenUI to pull values out of the agentry client and then send it to your other application (from the WPF client).

Stephen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Support for Windows Command line steps in the WPF client is planned in an update to SMP 2.3 currently targeted for October 2014.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs experts!

We are facing this issue for a Windows 8.1 tablet. I also referred to this link for passing parameters to a local application: link

Please advice if there is an alternate way of achieving this in WM 6.0 + SMP 2.3.3.

Best regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the Command Line (and because you are using SMP 2.3) because it works on the ATE, and not the WPF client you would need to wait until the feature is in the WPF Client which is targeted later this year.

I would also recommend you upgrading your ATE, as ATE Version is Agentry v6.1.0.3 is SMP 2.3.0 version and not SP03 (or SP04 which is released)

You can also try the OpenURL action step. See more information on OpenURL Here: SyBooks Online

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your update!

We tried with OpenURL action as well. While that allows to open a particular application at a predefined path, we cannot pass any parameters to it. We have used this action on other instance where we need to pass (GET/POST) parameters for http requests.

Request you to guide us on the format for passing parameters (something like command line parameters) using the OpenURL.

Best regards,

Harsh

Note: I work with Dharmaraj and both of us are stuck on this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not see a guide for how to use OpenURL, you need to pass the parameters in the order or the way the particular application is expecting to receive them by URL.  If the other application doesn't expect to get anything by a URL path then the OpenURL will not work.

Stephen