cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies not working properly if class item (200) is added in Sales order BOM

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Scenario:

Configurable Material : A

Config. Profile : Pland/Production order with Multilevel BOM Explosion (PP01 BoM application).

Dependencies (Procedures, constraints) at config. profile level

Before adding the class item in sales order bom VC is working fine (sales & prod. BOM Explosion, Dependencies etc.)

After adding the class item in Sales order BOM dependencies are not triggering. I have checked activating the trace in sales order.

I found that the input values to dependencies are not getting updated and the dependencies are not executed / terminated.

After coming out of configuration screen Sales bom is exploding but without Class item material.

We have checked the same class item (200) in Production BoM. in this case Dependencies & BOM explosion is working fine.

Please help. We need to add class items in Sales order & Production BOM in order.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ravi kumar,

can you please add example of this scenario, then it may help while replying you.

you can also check below thread related to class nodes too , may be it will help.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3595247

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your response.

Ex: C1 value should be deducted from C2.

Before including Class item in Sales BOM

In the above Value of C1 is 9 and C2 is 2245

after changing the C1 to 15 then   C2 value is 2239 . It is working fine.

After adding the Class item in Sales order BOM.  Now I am changing the value of C1 to 25 from 15 but the C2 value remains same i.e. 2239.

the dependency is not triggering here.

I have one more doubt is there any link between the user interface of configuration profile and the dependencies behavior?

Below is the screenshot of user interface of configuration profile.

Please suggest!

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ravi kumar,

Thanks for adding details.

Can you tell us , in which transaction you are assigning this values to characteristics? simulation or sales order creation ?

what's are the bom usages you have created ? 3 & 5 or something else?

how many configuration profiles you have ? just one or 2?

for a test , change usage in CU42 to SD01 instead of PP01 and check , it may work.

As per my knowledge there is no effect of interface design on dependencies.

check and come back.

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Ritesh Dube wrote:

ravi kumar,

Thanks for adding details.

Can you tell us , in which transaction you are assigning this values to characteristics? simulation or sales order creation ?

what's are the bom usages you have created ? 3 & 5 or something else?

how many configuration profiles you have ? just one or 2?

for a test , change usage in CU42 to SD01 instead of PP01 and check , it may work.

As per my knowledge there is no effect of interface design on dependencies.

check and come back.

Thanks

Ritesh

Transaction : VA01 & VA02

BOM usages : 1 - Production,  5- Sales

Configuration profiles : only one

I have changed the CU42 config profile setting to SD01 even though it is not working.

Thanks

Ravi

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi kumar,

can you share relationship between , class item you recently added to BOM with usage 5 with characterstic C1 & C2?

Also in total how many classes are assign to your KMAT, what are the types of these classes and how many characterstic it holds?

It would have been better if you could upload pic showing all VC setup for this model.

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ritesh Dube wrote:

Ravi kumar,

can you share relationship between , class item you recently added to BOM with usage 5 with characterstic C1 & C2?

Also in total how many classes are assign to your KMAT, what are the types of these classes and how many characterstic it holds?

It would have been better if you could upload pic showing all VC setup for this model.

Thanks

Ritesh

1) Class item has no relationship with C1 & C2 chars.

2) Only one class (200)

Configuration Profile.

Sales BOM

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi kumar,

If class item is not relevant to any chnaracterstic why you are puting it in BOM?

You are saying only one class of type 200, but in the configuration profile pic its showing class type 300?

I suggest , please try to explain your VC model and what exactly you expect from that model to behave while configuration, this can help me and others in forum to reply you.

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Class item is not relevant to C1 & C2 but it is relevant for other characteristic (C3) of 300 class

Class 300 is for the KMAT and that KMAT Sales BoM is having a  200 class as component.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi kumar,

I suggest , please try to explain your VC model and what exactly you expect from that model to behave while configuration, this can help me and others in forum to reply you.

In short question like, due to addition of calss node procedures stop working, i dont see any relevance in these 2 items.

I am trying my best to understand your issue and reply , but i cant, If you help in understanding VC structure at your end , I may help locating issue.

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Today, I observed that the procedures are not working after the BOM explosion. i.e the procedure is working if I am assigning the values initially in the sales order (creation). Once the BoM got exploded the above said procedure is not working (but few other procedures are working).

I have checked it by activating the Trace --> I found that chars values are not flowing into procedures even though I have entered the chars. values manually?

--> This behavior is only after adding the Class item in Sales BoM. If I remove the Class item it is working fine.

Did I missed anything? The procedure is working perfectly initially, but not after the sales bom exploded.

Configuration profie:

Please suggest

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi kumar,

pleas etry to answer below.

Do you have only one class node which is creating this issue or you have others class nodes too?

The problem is only with sales BOM or you see same issue with production BOM usage 1 or Universal BOM usage 3 too?

If you are using VA01/02 i assume its exploding sales order BOM usage 5 and bom application in configuration profile is SD01, is it ture?

procedure is assign in BOM or configuration profile?

please change position of procedure ie at this moment if its having number 1010 make it 0001 in dependecny list.

Does this procedure or characterstic used in syntex any where connected with quantity changes or matrial selection of class node of type 200?

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any new finding Ravi kumar, or your issue got fix?

please reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ritesh Dube wrote:

Ravi kumar,

pleas etry to answer below.

Do you have only one class node which is creating this issue or you have others class nodes too?

The problem is only with sales BOM or you see same issue with production BOM usage 1 or Universal BOM usage 3 too?

If you are using VA01/02 i assume its exploding sales order BOM usage 5 and bom application in configuration profile is SD01, is it ture?

procedure is assign in BOM or configuration profile?

please change position of procedure ie at this moment if its having number 1010 make it 0001 in dependecny list.

Does this procedure or characterstic used in syntex any where connected with quantity changes or matrial selection of class node of type 200?

Thanks

Ritesh

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your reply.

1) Only one class node which is 200 in the Sales BOM

2) The problem is with only Sales BOM (usage 5).

I have used the same Class node in production BOM and it is working fine BOM is exploding the class node component and the dependency also working perfectly for production BOM (usage 1)

We have not created any BOM with usage 3.

In Sales BOM also class node components are not exploding, other materials of sales BOM are exploding in VA01/02 transaction.

3) In VA01/02 transaction system is exploding Sales order BOM.

BOM application in configuration profile is PP01.

4) Class node procedure is is assigned to class node in sales bom, The above calculation procedure is assigned to Configuration profile.

5) I have changed the position of the procedure in dependency list but it is also not working.

6) NO.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

as you are also confirming addition of class node in production BOM doesnt affect the BOM explosion , so my suggestion is there is something worng with your sales BOM.

you also written " 4) Class node procedure is is assigned to class node in sales bom, The above calculation procedure is assigned to Configuration profile."

didnt understand what you are reffering as clas node procedure? can you share more details on it?

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Class node procedure --> procedure for calculation of qty of class node materials assigned to class node in sales BOM

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi kumar

Thats the issue my Bro, please remove that procedure from that postion and run a quick test.

I am sure it will work , it will replace class node in BOM and BOM for new material will also explode for it.

I have created a document on how class nodes work , check it out , also if possible comment and rate it.

In section disadvantage you will find below

Disadvantage ( 1 )

In a class item, the item quantity is always the same, regardless of which classified material is selected. For this reason, only use class items in cases where you use the same quantity of different materials.

class node is not the right approach for scenario where you want to change component quantity with procedures, change it to direct component like super BOM and write a dependecny using a referance characterstic refering to STPO-MENGE and it will work for you.

also check sap note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/37484

Please check and reply.

Also mark, replies in above thread  helpful if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Even if I removed the procedure also it is not working.

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Today, I have checked the simple test configuration in Test server  and there it is working fine (with sales order BOM 200 class node).

I have configured the same test configuration in Development server the class item is not getting exploding in the BOM.

Is there any settings in configuration apart from configuration profile to determine the BOM explosion with class item in sales order.

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

I have checked the simple test configuration (without any dependencies and Sales BOM with 200 class node) in Test server  and there it is working fine (with sales order BOM 200 class node).

I have configured the same test configuration in Development server the class item is not getting exploding in the BOM.

Is there any settings in configuration apart from configuration profile to determine the BOM explosion with class item in sales order.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi kumar,

No I am not aware of any special transaction to define BOM explosion for class nodes.

Juts check & compare normal BOM explosion keys PP01 in 2 systems you used, there may be a difference into that.

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

We have raised the issue to SAP. After checking our system, they have asked us to implement the note "1564395 - Class node specialization with multi-valued characteristics"

We have implemented the note, and we found the result is OK and dependencies are Working Fine.

Thank you very much for your guidance, It is really helpful. I am closing this issue.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi kumar,

Thanks for updating group with final solution , I really appriciate it!!

Regards

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way 1564395 - Class node specialization with multi-valued characteristics its for IPC, you never mentioned you are using IPC as configuration engine?

Thanks

Ritesh

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry I have updated the wrong note.

Below is the SAP Note :

Reason note 1960898 - Class nodes and enhancement CLCTMS03 for classification

Solution note :  2016159 - Class node: No specialization

As per the note : This problem occurs only if you have activated the enhancement CLCTMS03 in the class system in order to activate the evaluation of object dependencies during the object search.

But we have not activated enhancement CLCTMS03, even though the error is there.After implementing the correction instructions in the note the problem got solved.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi.

Answers (0)