cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Control area not filled in table KNVV

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and first and foremost want to thank the particpants here for their contributions, which have helped me a lot in the past.

I am facing a problem today and hope some of you could assist me with some hints on how to solve it. In the existing forum entries I could not find a solution.

I am working in a Rapid Deyployment Solution IS Retail ERP and am trying to have table field knvv-kkber filled (credit control area). Right now it remains empty, although customizing exists in a way that credit control area exists, it is assigned to company code and sales area. Customer also has a record in table knkk for the respective credit control area. Obviously field credit control area in tcode xd02 is not available and would also not be available for editing, even when screen tab customizing were changed. It is only shown in xd03. Also former key users working with a different IS Retail installation told me that they never keyed in credit control area in customer master tcodes xd*. So I am wondering right now, how system fills that field.

Thank you a lot for your help.

Regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"""Just adding in Lakshmipathi's comment that if we maintain credit control area in KNVV-KKBER field and we have also assigned it in IMG with sales area system will give preference to KNVV-KKBER. If you have not assigned it customer master then system will determine it from customization.""""

Dear Moazzam, sorry--I need to differ with these statements.

Always System will gives the priority to sales area then only to customer.(in determining credit control area)

let me explain: If we take Credit control area determinations will follow the below procedure:

1.Through the exit(EXIT_SAPLMV45K_001)

2.Sales area(distribution channel)

3.Customer master

4.Company code

Note: For the first 3 situations,mandatorily- you need to assign your credit control area to your company code.(Deriving the Credit Control Area - Credit and Risk Management (SD-BF-CM) - SAP Library)

Dear Christain:

As you are aware, we can maintain credit control areas can differ for each sales area.

For example,same customer has been maintained with two different sales areas.

Customer X in sales Area 1000/10/00-can have  credit control area A

Same customer in sales area 1000/20/00-can have credit control area B.

If business wants to maintain at customer master level--they can maintain( it is optional)

Otherwise simply they can assign for the sales area which will be defaulted into transaction level.

This is what is happening in your case.

Note: if you maintain assignments for your sales area--then this will be defaulted into KNVV-KKBER,even though you doesn't maintain manually in XD**/VD** Tcodes.

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

I already configured in enterprise structure the assignment between sales area and credit control area before all my troubles here started. Still my customers remain emtpy in knvv.

Nevertheless, also many thanks to you for your help.

Best regards

Christian

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your explanation is contradicting your own words.(the last three lines of your first post)

"""" Also former key users working with a different IS Retail installation told me that they never keyed in credit control area in customer master tcodes xd*. So I am wondering right now, how system fills that field."""

Pl update...

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

it is as I said. Key users in other system confirmed they do not maintain credit control area themselves via xd01 or xd02. I even saw screenshot of xd02 not showing the field at all. Still, when viewing xd03, the field is filled in their system. So I tend to say it is customizing which filled the field. And here I am stuck, at least with the RDS system I am working with currently, as customizing is not filling it in knvv.

Thanks again

Christian

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"""Note: if you maintain assignments for your sales area--then this will be defaulted into KNVV-KKBER,even though you doesn't maintain manually in XD**/VD** Tcodes.

Hope this helps.""""

Need to confirm this--will update you soon.(currently i am not having configurations ready to use)

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

I just asked out again and saw another retail system (Spanish), this time with xd02 open for that field. So the screen customizing can be a solution to the whole story as I see it. But as also said above, obd2 and ob20 have not produced the envisioned result. But I focus on that once more. Still customizing should have filled the field anyway in table.

Thanks again

Christian

0 Kudos

HI all,

I now figured it out how to make the field for credit control area available in XD02. It still worked via tcode OB20. But now instead of going directly via entry customer change for sales area, I used the entry change of customer centrally. Within that menu I then naturally used the sales view and saw there that the field was hidden. I changed it accordingly and could see it in XD02 finally.

However, it was not set as hidden, when I entered via entry customer change for sales view. In fact credit control area was still set to mandatory there even, obviously with no effect on the eventual maintenance functionality.

So, very strange in my opinion, but at least solved.

Thanks everyone.

Christian

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just adding in Lakshmipathi's comment that if we maintain credit control area in KNVV-KKBER field and we have aslso assigned it in IMG with sales area system will give preference to KNVV-KKBER. If you have not assigned it customer master then system will determine it from customization.

Coming to the orginial query I've not tested it for some IS Retail solution. In SAP ECC6.0 it works thew way it should work. I can maintain credit control area in customer master in XD02 and system detertmines it in sale order.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So I am wondering right now, how system fills that field.

If the users not keying in the credit control area in customer master, system would consider the sales area assignment for which, you would also be extending the customer master.   Of course, the other link between Customer and Credit Control Area is FD32 as already highlighted

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Welcome to the Forum!

In relation to this issue reported, please note that the program is
designed to fill KKBER automatically. For that reason KKBER has not been
released for substitutions. Even if this field is not filled
automatically in a special situation, the complete posting-logic might
turn into conflict if the field is changed via substitution before it is
filled by the system.

According to OSS note 382276, the credit control area is filled
by FI (not RE), if the credit control area is activated for the
company code.

In this note, there are described 2 possible solutions:

1.) modification as described in the OSS note to fill the field
    BSEG-KKBER only if the customer has credit data (filled via FD32).

2.) substitution via customer specific userexit.
    in this userexit you could read some own customizing data
    (for example a table where the KKBER depends of the RE
    contract type or some other criterion).

There is not standard customizing table for this as this is to
customer specific, you have to create an own table and generate a
customizing view for it.

Please see also the note 42615, this note is also mentioned in note

Regards,

Enrique

0 Kudos

Hola Enrique,

thank you for your answer. I am afraid you alluded to a different area.

My topic is more related to let's say "simple" customer master maintenance or proper customizing, which then results in populating a customer master field correctly respectively.

It really is as described: My credit control area exists, company code and sales area are assigned and customer has entry in table knkk, which I created via tcode FD32. Table knkk does not know sales area primary key fields. My guess is creating an entry in knkk via a tcode cannot trigger the filling of knvv-kkber anyhow as knvv is sales area dependent. As you cannot fill the field credit control area held in table knvv via customer master maintenance tcode, it has to come from customizing, as I see it. I have to dig further. Only thing is, that my customer had a record in knvv before I changed the customizing in the system. I now tried to create a totally new customer and see whether my customizing entries trigger the population of the field, but did not work either. Have to dig further.

Thank you a lot anyway.

Saludos

Christian

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check this field in IMG whether it is optional required or in display mode? If you have defined credit control area then it must reflect in KNVV-KKBER as an input option and user who maintains customer master must be able to enter this manually while creating, extending or changing customer master.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

the field is visible in xd03 but non visbible in xd02 and xd01. Now this is standard as I could read in other forum entries several years old. Forum members mentioned that in screen customizing you can make the field available also for editing, but the way they described it did not work. Besides that, I reached out to a key user working with a different retail system and she mentioned, that credit control area they never edit in xd* tcodes. Also in that system xd02 and xd01 do not show the field. However, credit control area is filled in knvv. This is also the case for new customers which they create. So past lsmw migrations where this field might have been filled by force are not a possible explanation why I see that field populated for a specific customer.

Thank your for your comments.

Best regards

Christian

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In your system did you check the field level configuration for tcode level. This setting is there in Financial > Accounts Receievables Payables > Customers > Set screen per transaction. i have no system access at the moment so words are not same but if you follow this path you will find the screen where we configure fields.

In that old system you are referring if they are filling KNVV field then they might have made this field invisible but they save data with default value. We can do this with screen variant and userexit. I am not sure about that system but for your system you must be able to see the field in XD01 and XD02 and with this you must be able to save value in this field. Please check and update.,

Thank$

0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

I guess you are referring to the obd2 and ob20 tcodes, which permit customizing fields in the separate views of xd* tcodes. I was changing settings there, but field credit control area does not become editable, not even viewable in change and create tcodes, either.

So, whole story here is really weird. I saw similar behavior with customer hierarchy fields. I guess I leave you guys in peace now with this issue.

Still, thank you a lot for your contributions.

All the best

Christian