Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File To Idoc Scenario

vikramanne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing a File to Idoc scenario where in i don't want to hard code Control Records data like SNDPOR, SNDPRT, RCVPOR etc i want them to get filled dynamically based on whether its Dev,QA or Prod..? Please provide your valuable suggestions...Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

I think this question is answered in below thread:

Another alternative, you can pass the control records as constant (Parametrized mapping) in your mapping and then define those constants in ID (ICO - if you're using it). Sometimes, this comes very handy.

Regards,

Abhishek

vikramanne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your response..Kindly could you please elaborate the 2nd way of doing using parametrized mapping..as i had configured using ICO..Any Links can be helpful as i am new to it..Thank you!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

instead you can try using header mapping in receiver IDOC channel.

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

You can disable the control record node in your mapping. The receiver adapter should populate it automatically.

If you are not able to disable it then pass those values as empty constants and in the receiver adapter you don't have to check the override control record from the payload.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Anand

vikramanne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand for your reply...Will try this...