cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Import Failed(DictionaryTypeNotSupportedException)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working in web dynpro application part, When i try to import the "HRIQ_STUDENT_SEARCH_RFC" Function Module its not getting imported due to below mentioned error.

!ENTRY com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2014-08-06 10:52:40.795

!MESSAGE class: com.sap.cmi.modeltype.arfc.importer.DynamicRFCModelImporter  method: doImport() -> RFC Import failed. Cause: RFC import failed since the dictionary structure is not supported. Modify the RFC so that it does not contain this structure and then reimport. com.sap.dictionary.types.mdi2metamodel.DictionaryTypeNotSupportedException: Table type "PIQHS_STATUS_T" with elementary type as line type not supported null      [Error: com.sap.cmi.modeltype.arfc.importer.DynamicRFCModelImporter  Thread[ModalContext,6,main]]

!STACK 0

com.sap.cmi.modeltype.arfc.importer.RFCImportFailedException: RFC import failed since the dictionary structure is not supported. Modify the RFC so that it does not contain this structure and then reimport.

at com.sap.cmi.modeltype.arfc.importer.DynamicRFCModelImporter.ImportRFC(DynamicRFCModelImporter.java:479)

at com.sap.cmi.modeltype.arfc.importer.DynamicRFCModelImporter.doImport(DynamicRFCModelImporter.java:241)

at com.sap.cmi.modeltype.arfc.wizard.ARFCModelCreationWizard.createModel(ARFCModelCreationWizard.java:222)

at com.sap.ide.cmi.core.model.importer.CMIWizard$3.run(CMIWizard.java:250)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Caused by: com.sap.dictionary.types.mdi2metamodel.DictionaryTypeNotSupportedException: Table type "PIQHS_STATUS_T" with elementary type as line type not supported

at com.sap.dictionary.types.mdi2metamodel.R3ToMetamodelDictionaryConverterWithNestedStructures.getDdicObject(R3ToMetamodelDictionaryConverterWithNestedStructures.java:268)

at com.sap.cmi.modeltype.arfc.importer.DynamicRFCModelImporter.ImportRFC(DynamicRFCModelImporter.java:436)

... 4 more

can anyone suggest me to resolve this issue ASAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error indicates a mis-match or issue with the RFC structure. Check with your ABAP team for the following:

1. Did they change the RFC structure? If yes, what are they?

2. Are the changes activated?

As a solution, try to perform a re-import of your Model linked to the RFC. Then re-started your portal server to refresh the model data.

Build - fix issues if model structrues are changed, and deploy yoru WD appln.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply sharath.

But, my issue is i cant able to import the Function Module  "HRIQ_STUDENT_SEARCH_RFC"  and am getting the below mentioned error too..

Exception  : com.sap.tc.cm.arfc2.exception.ARFC2LimitationException: Parameter 'IT_STATUS ( PIQHS_STATUS_T ) under Import tab of RFC HRIQ_STUDENT_SEARCH_RFC is associated to TableType whose LineType is DataElement or AbapPredefined.It is not supported in ARFC2.

And also, once its imported into my model then only i can go for Re-Import right?.

But, the same Function Module "HRIQ_STUDENT_SEARCH_RFC"  i can able to import in SAP NWDS7.0?

So, Tell me how can i resolve this issue in SAP NWDS7.3?

Regards,

GANESAN N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Genesan

The problem is that the parameter 'IT_STATUS' of the rfc is of a table type that has a data element as a Line type, and WD allows only usage of table types that have a structure as their line type.

I advice you to create your own table type with a single cell structure as line type (the cell should be of type PIQHS_STATUS) and then create your own RFC with the same parameters except for 'IT_STATUS' parameter that will be of the table type you have just created.

in the new RFC call the original RFC.

Now importing your new RFC should work...

good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Shai Lapidot.. Yes,.exactly we can write a wrapper over this FM and resolve this too,.. 

But, what i am worried that is, we are working on this project to get the SAP certification. so in that case we should use the SAP released BAPI's. And also its not recommended by SAP to use wrapper for certification.

And my question is, why its not getting import in ARFC2(SAP NWDS 7.3) but whereas its working fine in Adaptive RFC(SAP NWDS 7.0).

So, please suggest me how to resolve this issue in ARFC2(SAP NWDS7.3)?

Regards,

GANESAN N

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also let me, is there any API or up-gradation available in the marketplace to overcome this issue?

Thanks in ADV,.

Regards,

GANESAN N