Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can huge file be handled?

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement wherein the files are of huge size. It seems that the file size might even be 5 MB. Will this be a problem? if yes, then how can it be handled? Please suggest.

Regards,

Lavanya R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Please check this link and SAP Notes 1727870, 894509 for handling large files it might help.

If it is FCC you can handle based on the records count (recordset per message), If it is XML then you can split the xml into multiple chunks based on the size you want. Please check below blogs

Regards,

Praveen

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the links Praveen. But Chunkmode is available only for File to File scenarios. Mine involves Proxies. Is it possible to provide any other suggestion?

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

In Proxy code you can chunk it.

Cheers

Agasthuri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your inputs. i will try it out.

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

If you have access to fileshare or a filesystem from PI then you can just pass the metadata of the file path and access the file in mapping and pass it to the proxy.

Can you clarify whether your scenario can split the source file? or the whole of file has data that needs to be passed all at once?

Cheers,

Anand

anandvithal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Keep your xml tagname very small in the proxy. This will reduce the xml payload size in PI and reduce the processing time through PI.

Thanks,

Anand

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

The performance depends about your PI system hardware characteristics, your PI version, and if you will need a ESR development or you only need a PI like a file transfer.

The best way is to prepare a stress test with a different sets of files, if you notice that the system has increasing the time to process the files you will need to follow any suggestion provided by Praveen.

From my own experience with a PI 7.0 or PI 7.1, with the hardware basic to be supported, ESR development, the files until 8 Mb works fine. But i want to point that there is not a direct MB number to select any technique to improve the performance or to follow the classical way.

Regards.