Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no asset was archived for AM_ASSET OBJECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP and Data Archiving.

Please help me.

What should be the residence time for AM_ASSET object.

and If I try to archive AM_ASSET with residence time as 0 or blank. In job log i am getting d message "no asset was archived". what should be d reason?

Regards,

Mudiyappa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to both for guidance.

I am sory this is bit urgent and I m getting pressure dats d reason i m posting here.

Deactivation date is 17.12.2009, I think system retention period is one year(not sure) and i want to archive till 31.03.2012. Please tel me wt would be  the retention period for this?

I know I am asking very small question plz help me..

Thanks,

Mudiyappa

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you look at your selection screen, then you see that there is no option to "archive till 31.03.2012" . Please read the OSS note 389920 - Overview of Asset Accounting archiving

it explains everything in deep detail.

Read it together with your functional consultant for Asset accounting and a key user. Let they tell you how they use asset accounting, sit together and check any single sentence in this note with the data in your system.

Archiving is not a one-man-show, it is not just a technical activity. Communication is written in bold letters. You should make yourself familiar with legal aspects too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Please help me for this?

Mudiyappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen has already given you plenty of helpful information.  You need to do the needful and thoroughly test this process out yourself before expecting the SCN community to resolve your issue.  The retention period needs to be whatever it should be for your specific company business and legal needs/requirements.

If, after researching if OSS notes need to be applied, and you still are not getting an data to archive, you may need to open up an OSS message for assistance.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am asking very small question. Sorry for this.

Please can u tel where to check this asset deactivation date?

and I understood like system retention period is one year & customer retention period is 2 years (I want to archive till 31.03.2012 and from 31.03.2012 to today date = 2 years) am I right?

Thanks,

Mudiyappa

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the deactivation date can be seen in the general data tab of the asset master in AS03 transaction.

You should always work together with a functional consultant if you do not know the data and processes, archiving is a cross functional activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

I know the basic things of archiving and already I archived few objects. but in dis case  residence time for AM_ASSET object is system standard retention periods plus customer specify period.

that thing i dint understand.

for example if i want to archive till 31.12.2012 then what would be the residence time?

and why I am getting the message "no assets are archived" even though records are there for archiving when residence time is zero and please do the needful.

Thanks,

Mudiyappa

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is explained in help.sap.com with an example.

follow the above given link.

On the left side is a navigation window, click the arrow in front of

Archiving FI Asset Data (FI-AA)  to open the submenu where you find the explanation of standard and custom retention period along with the example.

If you still have a question, then tell the date when the asset was deactivated

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply

they give 15-20 days training on data archiving and assigned me to project

so help me for the above issue

Thanks,

Mudiyappa

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you got already 5 times more training than I ever had.

And honestly after 15-20 days training you should have understood those basics

Or do I understand this wrong and you have the opinion that you get 15-20 days to train yourself with the help of SCN? SCN is not meant to replace SAP trainings.

In SCN users help users, but you have to take some effort yourself to get you up to speed, especially when the information is already available in any of the SAP sites then this should be your first source instead of asking questions to get finally the same information.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are new to SAP and archiving then you should start with the docu which can be found help.sap.com

the easiest way to get to the documentation is to use the archiving object name

e.g. in Google just enter

AM_ASSET site:help.sap.com

Once you open such a link like Archiving FI Asset Data (FI-AA) - Financial Accounting (FI) - SAP Library

then you can find the general introduction for data archiving as the first entry in the navigation menu on the left.

This keeps you already busy for some hours (or days, if you take the chance to test what you read)

This object specific  documentation has as well sections which talk about prerequisites and residence times.

In any case, before you carry out an archiving job, you should make sure that you have the most recent OSS notes with bug fixes in your system. Archiving is something final, there is not much you can do if the data is gone. So go to the service.sap.com/notes site and search again with the archiving object and read those notes and decide which one needs to be in your system. Among them you will find plenty of information to get a deep understanding about archiving in general and for this specific object. Some are in dedicated consulting notes, other are just as explanation next to bug fixes.

And if you execute an archiving job as a beginner, then always use the detailed log to get full information. Remember a job log is related to the technical execution of the job, the log with the error messages from archiving is found in the spool file to the job.