Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ testing in Solution manager java stack

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We have a solution manager development, quality and production landscape. Solution manager system is 7.1 SP8 and off course it is a dual stack system.

We have implemented the CTS+ for the solution manager java stack system.

Can any one let me know how can we test the CTS+ functionality from solution manager java stack end.

DEV-Quality-Prod is the transport path.

Appreciate your reply.

Thank you.

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Here my point is we have implemented the CTS+ for solution manager  java stack. how we can test whether CTS+ working fine for solution manager java stack.

We have implemented the CTS+ in portal systems and tested with help with of portal team and for solution manager java stack test not aware how to do.

Thanks,

Pavan.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said before, test tools and transport a non-abap object, a dummy.

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

may I know where is this test tool option is available ?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I said "test tools"

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

you mean there should be an tool which needs to be installed in solution manager system and then  try to export/transport like normal portal systems ?

Please confirm.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no.. not really.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

As per understanding, you have already configured the CTS+ in solution manager.

whether ChaRM is configured  ?

For dual stack system needs to follow the same  procedure like ABAP configuration only. no difference between  ABAP and dual stack configuration in change management in solman.

For standalone java stack, follow the below document for configuration.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10456aac-44f7-2a10-1fbe-8b7bcd7bc...

After configuration , if no ChaRM is configured in the solman ( only CTS + is configured) , then try the below step for TR creation.

1. STMS -> open Transport organizer Web UI ( fourth symbol)

2. Enter the respective dev system.

3. it will open the transport organizer -> check whether able to create the TR for the CTS+ configured system through solman.

else

if ChaRM is configured, then create the TR's using the transport organizer through ChaRM.

Also let me know any more question.

Rg,

Karthik

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Karthik,

I have logged into my CTS system from there I went into Transport organizer Web UI from there I selected as my development solution manager system and enter.

It is giving me the message "Import queue is available in display mode only. Editing of import queues is supported for non-ABAP systems only" and there is no option to create a new transport. Could you please confirm on this.

Note : We have not implemented the CHARM.

Thanks.

Pavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

logged in to the solution manager system  and enter the development system in the Transport organizer Web UI  and create the transport .

Then assign this transport during development changes mapping in managed system( tool or repository)

what is the product name for managed sytsem? like MDM. BO or NW?

Rg,

Karthik

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

Thanks for the reply. While am trying to do it is saying as Remote connection to system " SID/CLIENT" is not available message is getting.

Could you please suggest.

Thanks.

Pavan.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

What kind of functionality are your talking about ?

You can always test configuration with transport tools test and transporting non-abap objects.

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.