cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Currency Converion (End of Month)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Is it possible to emulate the currency conversion as BW does?

In the configuration of the translation type you can specify the time reference. In my case I need the end of month.

Is it possible to do this with the currency conversion in HANA??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Yes, it is possible to have currency conversion similar to BW, the one you picked as example 0calmonth.

In HANA,we can use the time attribute view created based on the calender month and pass the attribute value for the currency conversion.

Also it is possible to create calculated attribute in the HANA model for 0calmonth based on the date like order creation date so forth.

Pass the calculated date attribute for the currency conversion.

Regards

santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh.

Do you mean that I have to have a table (time) that has the date and month, joint this table with my facts table through month and then create a new attribute for the date I want the currency from??

Something like this?? And use END_OF_MOTH in the measure I want to take, am I right?

Is HANA smart enough to take the last currency rate in case there wouldn't any value for an specific month??

Let's say I'm analyzing June 2014, the end of month is June 30th but there's no currency rate for June 30th but the most recent is May 31st. BW's conversion class by default takes the most recent, is this the same with hana?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Yes, it is possible to use the END_OF_MONTH in the currency conversion. You can either join the table or even the time attribute view to get the END_OF_MONTH.

Unfortunately, HANA does not have the strength to identify the near available information like MAY 31st.

There are option, when the currency rate, exchange type are for particular date, we can either make the converted amount value to 'SET TO NULL' or UNCONVERTED VALUE similar to source currency amount or raise error.

But there is no option directly HANA, We may try to depict using SQL if required.

Regards

Santosh.

Answers (0)