cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple input parameter values in a sqlscript calculation view in Hana studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to use a select statement cursor in my calculation view script to manipulate the output results by reading another set of table values.  I only see 3 options to provide the input parameter - direct, column, static list.  (Hana SPS7)

What I'd like to do is to be able to provide a select statement on my sql cursor where the parameter has 'IN' clause available so I can have a list of input values to filter the cursor.

Is this possible in hana studio?

Thanks for any help,

Martha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

Have a look on these 2 blogs, may help you in your question:

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the feedback.. I"ve already looked into the mentioned blogs but cant seem to follow along.

Below is a snippet of the scripted calc view I have.  I'm trying to figure out how I can filter the input SQL table to the procedure with multiple parameter values or from the list of valid values for the specified column.

I only see a single value option for the input parameter.

Appreciate your help,

martha

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

Let me know exactly where you were not able to follow , so I may be able to help you out.

Also did you try using IN() ? or APPLY_FILTER?

The blogs I have referred above are for a similar situation which I got into to get multiple values in the filtering.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krishna,

Thanks for following up.  We went ahead and approached a different design to perform the filtering at the graphical view level  by switching the other table as the driver and the script calc view as one of the input tables for the graphical calc view..

Will consider the tips you provided above when we encounter the same issue in the future.

rgds,

-martha