Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 SP06 - ARA shows no violations at permission Level

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We've just installed SP06 and we came across the issue described in the title of the discussion.

Rules have been generated and we're using the standard "global" ruleset. The rules seem to be generated successfully ( I've checked in the NWBC that the permissions appear after the risk generation and also I've checked some tables like GRACSYSRULE and GRACACTRULE and risks appear there).

Risk analysis seem to work fine at action level but we don't have violations at permission level even when we now that user should have violations (for example a user with SAP_ALL). for some cases some risks seem to appear at permission level but only with the object S_TCODE.

Just to discard problems with the connector we've created a Legacy connector, upload the files and ran the synch. The analysis at permission level still show "no violations". We tested with THE SAME files and ruleset in a system with SP05 and it worked as expected showing violations at permission level.

Does anyone faced a similar issue? can you give me some light in order to solve the issue?

Many Thanks!

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

We still don't have a SAP official response but we think that the error is because of the note:

2014811 - Risk Analysis Dump in case of huge data

That we've implemented some days ago as part of the advance corrections of SP07.

The error seems to be related to the following class:

But there are many changes related to such note...So we're not sure about the exact details.

We DE-implemented the note mentioned above and after that the analysis at permission level worked as expected.

Hope to have a SAP response soon, but meanwhile I do not recommend to implement such note.

Thanks!

Diego.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your reply!

I have checked all the ARA specific settings in my system and it seems perfect.

In my concerns, did SAP replied any update on the ticket which was raised by you that time for this issue ?

Regards

Manisha

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Nope. We didn´t receive a reply on that. we just decided to de-implement the note and then it worked again. But the issue was very specific. probably nothing related with you issue.

Thanks

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Could you please help me on this I am facing the same issue.

Regards

Manisha

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha

This error can occur for multiple reasons. I´ve never faced this specific issue again in other implementations. I´m pretty sure your issue is different. I suggest to have a look to another posts regarding this and make sure ARA config is properly set tup

Thanks

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I am facing the same issue in GRC 10.1 SP5 as you were facing, the permission level result is showing as "No Violation", but actually it should show the "Violation" and Action is showing properly.

You suggested to de-implementation the note "2014811", was the issue resolved after that ?

You also said that the SAP had not recommended on this. Did SAP reply any thing on this after that ?

Also i need a help to know actually for what purpose SAP note "2014811" is implemented in the system at SP5 ?

Regards

Manisha

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am facing same issue. I am currently on GRC 10.1 SP12.

Please let me know if some one has a solution.

Thanks,

Ram

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram:

Do you have any info in ST22 or in SLG1 that may give you better insight?  If you are on SP12 you should have all of the note that were referring to the "ALL" risk priority that was in SP11.

Other than that, it is impossible to determine what may be happening without reviewing your system.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Kevin, 

We just regenerated the rule set and did all the sync jobs in full mode. The issue was resolved for us.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego

If SP5 works and SP6 does not this suggests issue is with SP6 and not your configuration or data. Have you had a look in marketplace for support pack side effects relating to SP6?

Regards

Colleen

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Collen,

Yes, I guess there's a problem with the SP06. I've checked the notes included in the not yet released SP07 but I haven't found any related to such specific issue.

We'll probably open a OSS, but I'd like to check in the forum first....

Thanks!