cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only one user is getting mail but not all

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

in  ALRTCATDEF i added 2 users under fixed recipients tab to get notified when an error occurs but email is triggering to only one user why i dont now if any one knows please help me.

ALRTCATDEF.

IN SOST

THE MAIL IS TRIGGERING TO ONLY FIRST PERSON BUT NOT TO ALL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

Goto t-code SCOT; double-click SMTP and specify the mail-host and mail-port for the respective mail server.

Make the ‘Node in use’ check box as checked.

Click on the ‘Internet->set’ button under ‘Supported address types’ to specify the email-address of the recipient

Specify the email-address of the recipient who is going to receive the alert mails.

Specify ‘*’ in case of multiple email-ids. 

Goto Menu->Settings->Default Domain and specify the domain id of the company.

Save the settings done in SCOT.

Next you need to define the Alert rools.

Regards,

Rajendar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendar,

I tried to do as you specified.

1. I removed all the user fixed recipient from the tcode:ALRTCATDEF

2. I had added 2 user in tcode SCOT as below and the steps you specified.

*abc@company.com

*def@company.com

Still it is going only one mail ID which is specified in my SAP username (*abc@company.com) even though I did not specified anywhere in ALRTCATDEF.

And the strange if I removed all the EMAIL ID from SCOT and ALRTCATDEF still trying to send to mail ID mapped under my userID (SU01). And failed in SOST as "Cannot process message, no route from PIRWBUSER to abc@company.com".

Let me know if I missed anything or you need any further details.

Thanks,

Dhill

0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer above link for step by step configuration and ask basis team for distribution list creation then assign to PI user  Ex : PISUPPORT .

0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Which mechanism  you have  used for development...Old Alert Configuration  (recommend for 7.0/7.1) or Component-Based Message Alerting (7.31)..

For CBMA method you have define the group  lin ABAP stack using S023 define the list and assign the alert rule which you have created in ID.

Than set the BG job based on your frequency using SM36

SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL

After run the above job check the status in SOST...

Thanks,

Naveen.

0 Kudos

If is Old configuration ...

ALRTCATDEF ----> add recipient list ( How many member you want)

Note : those member should have the SAP log on accesses (standered users)

goto SU01---->check correct email id configured or not....

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Sending on behalf of Vamsi! I am using mechanism of 7.10. All the user which I am specifying is having SAP logn on access and the mail ID are correct.

Thanks,

Dhill

0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

run the Tcode  "SOST " and check the status and   Alert inbox on RWB for failed user and

Thanks,

Naveen

Message was edited by: naveenkumar chekuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Only for the first user ID specified in the fixed recipient the mail is getting triggered and there is no error message in SOST and Alert Inbox.

Thanks,

Senthil

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriangam,

Have you checked that the user that he hasn't received the mail has the mail correctly typed in the su01 transaction?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

create mail group with tcode so23 create folder x, and add receiptant  in that then trigger mail to all user add that folder in spool receipt

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajendra,

Mail group created with folder test and added recipients in shared distribution list. But I could not able to add this folder in fixed recipient as it is saying "Entry done not exists in USR02"

Could you provide the steps/configuration after creating the DL list?

Thanks,

Dhill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

PLease follow below Link Might be Help you.

Regards,

Rajendar K

0 Kudos

Thank you for Reply Rajendar,

But My case is different if i use any single user   ex :  X or Y mail is trigerring But if i use Both X and Y as mentioned Above