Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS with CRM integration

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

Business Scenario:

Campaigns will be created in CRM and funds will be assigned which triggers a Purc Req in CRM and the cost of the Purchase Req must be captured in the project and when I post actual on the Project the Actual cost will reflect back in CRM also the settled cost will again reflect in CRM which later useful for their reporting.

Assumptions:

1, we need to maintain a same coding mask in SAP PS whatever CRM maintains so that when PR triggers in CRM ,Project will be created automatically in PS.

2.Does Project Creates automatically?

3.Most config will be from CRM cuz they need to maintain RFC,source destination so what config would be from PS?

Experts suggestions and inputs are required.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Since Sanjeev asked me to share some screenshots as part of SAP PS CRM integration.

As of now I can explain the functionality we achieved as part of CRM-PS integration.

Campaigns will be created in CRM for marketing projects.

What is a Campaign?

Business Solution:

CRM marketing projects takes care of sending a coupons to customers and TV advertisements so this will be taken care of third party preferred vendors.The vendors do TV advertisements and bill the Client(Service PR).

SO CRM,creates a Campaign(TV AdVT) and assign funds to the campaign(Funds Management) and Release the campaign.

When they Release a campaign(Internal number range) ,Projects creates automatically in SAP PS with Campaign number as your WBS element number at the same time PR(Purchase Req) creates in CRM and that PR reflects in ECC (With Automatic assignment object(P) and auto populates the WBS element number) so the PR will be converted in PO then Invoice so that the cost of a campaign will be captured at Project level in ECC

Note:PR number and PO cost will reflect back in CRM also during settling the cost in PS that settled cost will reflect back in CRM which will be helpful for the CRM reporting and from CRM all the reports will sit in BW.

I know this is kinda confusing but i will happy to provide any information regarding this.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini, my answer find below in bold text.

1, we need to maintain a same coding mask in SAP PS whatever CRM maintains so that when PR triggers in CRM ,Project will be created automatically in PS. no project can not be created automatically in standard sap system.

2.Does Project Creates automatically?     No

3.Most config will be from CRM cuz they need to maintain RFC,source destination so what config would be from PS?  Yes CRM would be use for whole process so... project would be create for accounting purpose so wbs will use as account assignment although triggering PR by CRM.

Regards,
Sanjeev

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Sanjeev.

If I am right,are you talking about WBS as Account Assignment object.If so,I checked with CRM consultant.they don't have Project or WBS as Account Assignment object in CRM. but They may have an Account assignment object for Service orders where Service orders out of scope in our case

All we need is"PR triggers in CRM and that cost must captured at Project level provided that CRM Projects and PS project must have the same Project number because Actual cost in the Project again reflect in CRM

Please provide your inputs again

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

ok...so may i know how to creating PR in CRM?

check whether is any option for account assignment? if yes put wbs there.

if project is able to create in CRM then why you required project in PS? because when you created project in CRM that would not exist in ECC ok.

so you want to see actual cost in both area CRM and PS then check whether is link between CRM and PS as well. i assume whenever creating PR by CRM then put the ECC created project/wbs in that PR.

after that you can see the actual cost in both area.

Regards,
Sanjeev

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

CRM doesn't have any Account Assignment object.if CRM do ,our job would have been easier

As I said before ,CRM service orders has Account Assignment Object but not for Campaigns.

In my research I realized that most config will be from CRM like they have to define ERP integration type,define Target systems and assigning ERP project scenario to RFC.

Anyways,I will post this in CRM forum and I will share for our group as soon as I come up with a solution.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you share screenshot for it whether account assignment option is not there in CRM created PR?

I gone though this scenario so.... check with CRM consultant for the same because system feasibility is for it in CRM.

Regards,
Sanjeev