SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BP and CA master data update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question on SAP BP and CA master data update.

When i update a address of the business partner in FPP2 for the MKK role it is automatically updating the changes in Contract account.

To mention the field, Jurisdiction code gets updated at contract account level once i make the changes in BP address, Is there a way that i can restrict this ?

Thanks,

Raj.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Check event DSAVC in transaction BUS7.

This event gets called when you are pressing save in transaction  FPP2.

In here, you can add a custom FM to restrict the changes made in the Business partner getting reflected in the Contract Account master.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Check event DSAVC in transaction BUS7.

This event gets called when you are pressing save in transaction  FPP2.

In here, you can add a custom FM to restrict the changes made in the Business partner getting reflected in the Contract Account master.

Thanks,

Amlan

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Raj:

Is this related to ?  US addresses generally use jurisdiction codes - and this is copied to the contract account based on the business partner address data.  As mentioned in that message, you can change the BP standard address to a non-US address, or change the tax address in the contract account to a non-US address.  You might also investigate your global FI settings where the tax calculation procedure is assigned to the country.  The standard entry for US is TAXUSJ which uses jurisdiction codes.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks amlan and william for the inputs.

@ william: Yes this is about the TAXSE procedure issue. We have two company codes X and Y one is in US and the other with SE. US is assigned with TAXUSJ  and SE is with TAXSE. SE company code has some customers based out of US so when we create a BP for the SE company jurisdiction code gets updated and if we make any changes on this customer it gets updated in CA. So once the CA is updated with jurisdiction code we face this TAXSE error during invoicing.

Changing the tax address of contract account is it possible ? I was trying doing it but i don't have any luck in it.

Thanks,

Raj.

0 Kudos

Ok and   Please close one thread and we can discuss this in the open one.  You should not be opening multiple threads for the same discussion.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Closing the thread :