cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR_ON_LOAD [java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out] in SAP MII Workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

When I try to run a transaction manually from workbench by passing through the input parameters manually, I do get the below error.

ERROR_ON_LOAD [java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read Timed Out]

I have read the SAP Note - 1445358 -"ERROR_ON_LOAD...Read timed out" and increased the parameter starting from 1200 and now I'm running it with 40000. Yet the results are the same. I still get to see the same error. Can you help me out with this please?

Thanks

Anudeep KM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

FYI, the transaction is still running in the background even though the UI times out so be sure that you're not accidentally overloading one of the systems that the transaction is interacting with.  Also, you have to close the workbench and reload it for the timeout change to take effect (perhaps clearing your Java WebStart cache after you close the workbench is a good way to ensure it takes effect).

Also, you can run the transaction via the Runner Servlet documented here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii140sp02/helpdata/en/4c/c8e2a88e9b60c5e10000000a15822d/content.htm

with the LogType parameter set to Advanced (URL will have: &LogType=Advanced).  This will run without a timeout and still give you the entire transaction execution log back in the browser rather than the value of the OutputParameter.

Sam

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anudeep,

Sounds like something is broken at some point inside the transaction.  Turn on logging or alternatively start bypassing functionality until you figure out what is causing  the problem.

Does the transaction work fine through Scheduler (or called from a webpage or through a webservice call)?

What version of MII are you working with?

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Michael.

The MII version I'm using is v12.1.10 Build (61).

The transaction doesn't work when called from a webpage and scheduler. I can very well recall that it was working two months ago. There have been no changes made in Workbench/configurations.

The only change to the system was that it has been upgraded from SP09 to SP10.

Thanks

Anudeep KM