SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New DC setup - steps required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using SAP IS retail. We already have two DCs set up and functioning in SAP and now we need to set up the third one.

High level Process flow would be -

1. New DC set up

2. Transfer of articles from old DC to new DC or initial upload of inventory

3. Independent functioning of new DC.

Can you please help me with what all things do I need to do in SAP to achieve this?

I have below steps in mind:

1. create a new site using WB01 - assign all org elements and MC. (we just have one MC)

2. create storage location in config for this site.

3. update assortment using WSOA2 - add new DC as assortment user (we are not using assortment module/ want to list all existing articles to new DC)

4. while updating assortment, execute the listing job in background.

5. For initial inventory setup, there are two approaches that I am thinking of -

a. 301 movement to transfer inventory from old DC to new DC (BDC or LSMW) - DCs are nearby. With this option, I don't need to maintain MAP before I move inventory. System will calculate MAP for articles in new DC.

b. 551 transaction (scrap / we call it as adjust out) from old DC and 561 (initial upload) into new DC.

Let me know if this is the correct approach?

One more question, when I do listing to new  DC by changing assortment (step 3), system will only list the articles to new DC, but how can I update MAP for these articles if I have to, before moving inventory in?

Thanks,

Pat.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

After creating the DC add that to GMDC01,FDDC01 assortments in WSOA2.

For Stock transfer you can follow the T.Code MIGO.

Remaining steps whatever u mentioned are correct.

Cheers,

Haarica