Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PV/PDS lot-size in SNP and PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need some help.

(a) I have SNP and PPDS PDS both with Max Lot size as 200.

(b) Max Lot-size in product Master is 200 and Lot-size strategy is lot-for-lot.

(c) I have a Sales Order of quantity 250. Planned orders are created perfectly in Product View(PPDS) using Product Heuristic. But when I run SNP Heuristic (Location/network) then there are no Planned Orders.
I reduce the Sales Order Size to 150 and then SNP Heuristic plans it fine.

Can we explain this behaviour.....

Does this mean that ?

1) PPDS Heuristic looks first at the Product Master first, so it breaks quantity of 250 in 200 and 50. After that it creates orders catering to these two requirements (for these two requirements -- the PDS is valid).

2) SNP Heuristic looks at the PV Validity first. When it plans for Sales Order of 250 -- then it has no valid PDS (due to SNP PDS Max lot-size being 200) -- so it does not plan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

I just hit the same problem. Put a max amount in the PDS lot size hoping to get lots of smaller orders, but instead it does not give me anything as my start quantity is higher than the max.

Then if I look at the help in C223 PV in ECC, it says that the max lots size.

Upper value of the lot-size interval

Uppermost limit of the lot-size interval. The production version is valid up to this limit.

So i guess this means that the use of the Max lot size is that you can have 2 or more PDS's for a time period that have different components/settings, whatever for different lot sizes.

j