cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP run issue in PP/DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing an issue where daily MRP( SAP_MRP_001) run for a product at vendor location.

Pur req's are created on the daily run from Production planning Run.

Issue we are facing is MRP run is not deleting the past Pur req's and creating the pur req's accordingly.

But if i run the product heuristic the Pur req's do clear and it update accordingly.

MRP Heuristic is running with reuse mode - Use suitable reciept elements.

Any inputs on the issue please.

Regards

Maddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

Please check the heuristic in the master data product, tab PPDS, section Procurement Planning, field Product Heuristic.

I think that they are not the same.

Also, check if the Pl.Orders are firmed. The firmed PL.Orders are not deleted.

In MRP_001 heuristic you can change the Reuse mode to Delete Unfixed Receipts (you will need to create a copy of the heuristic first).

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

I have checked the product in PPDS tab and the product heuristic field is empty.

And the pur req's are not firmed.

Can you please suggest i change the Re use mode to Delete Unfixed Reciepts it will delete the old Pur req's and will create new one's accordingly.?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

Yes. The infixed P.Req should be deleted by heuristic. This note explain very well the logic of Reuse Mode and Planning file entry in the heuristic ( SAP note 518556).

Regards, Marius

The reuse mode from the heuristic settings is determined as follows:

As already mentioned, MRP (SAP_MRP_001) calls another heuristic to plan  another product.Here, the relevant reuse mode depends on the reuse mode  of the MRP heuristic:if you leave the reuse mode of the heuristic as  initial (blank) in the MRP heuristic, the reuse mode of the particular  heuristic called by the MRP heuristic is relevant.If you have set  another reuse mode in the MRP heuristic, then the reuse mode of the MRP  heuristic is relevant. As of SAP APO 3.1 and SAP SCM 4.0, the following  rule applies: if the reuse mode is set to 'Use suitable receipts', the  reuse mode of the heuristic called by the MRP heuristic is relevant. If  you have set another reuse mode in the MRP heuristic, this reuse mode is relevant to the MRP heuristic.

The following table shows which reuse mode (second column) the system  uses for a given combination of reuse mode from the heuristic settings  and reuse mode from the planned planning file (first column) for SAP APO 3.0:

Reuse modes from                 Reuse mode used in

planning file and                production planning run

heuristic settings

0 and 1                            1

0 and 2                            2

0 and 3                            3

0 and 4                            4

1 and 1                            1

1 and 2                            2

1 and 3                            4

1 and 4                            4

2 and 2                            2

2 and 3                            4

2 and 4                            4

3 and 3                            3

3 and 4                            4

4 and 4                            4

The numbers represent the following reuse modes:

0 No details (as of SAP APO 3.1 and SAP SCM 4.0 in the heuristic settings 'Use suitable receipts')

1 Change planning (as of SAP APO 3.1 and SAP SCM 4.0

in the planning file 'Use suitable receipts')

2 Regenerative planning (as of SAP APO 3.1 and SAP SCM 4.0 'Delete non-fixed receipts')

3 Reexplosion of planning data (as of SAP APO 3.1 and SAP SCM 4.0 'Reexplode plan')

4 Reexplosion and regenerative planning (as of SAP APO 3.1 and as of SAP  SCM 4.0 'Delete unfirmed receipts, reexplode fixed receipts') As of SAP  APO 3.1 and SAP SCM 4.0, a slightly different merge rule applies for the  reuse mode of the heuristic and reuse mode of the planning file entry. Refer to note 557731.

If there is no any planning file entry for a location product, the  system uses the reuse mode from the heuristic for the planning  run.Location products without a planning file entry are only planned if  the indicator 'With Planning File Entry' is not set in addition to the  other selection criteria for the processing step of the production  planning run.However, in general, only products with a planning file  entry should be planned.For this purpose, set the indicator 'With Planning File Entry' in the selection criteria.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

We have  SCM 5.1 system.

The indicator 'With Planning file entry' is not set in this case.

Also can you please calrify here we do not have any heuristic in product master PP/DS tab and MRP heuristic is not calling any other heuristic? or by default will it call the heuristic SAP_PP_002.

Regards

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

In this case the heuristic will use Reuse mode. So, the Reuse mode - Delete Unfixed Receipts (in SCM 7.2 in my system) is the good one. This is an regenerative plan. All unfixed receipts will be deleted and recreated.

There is a work around if you want. You can create a background job to delete the unfixed orders with the program /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER. You have to specify the order category (e.g     AG -  Purch.Requisition) that you want to delete and the horizon. You create a variant where you define a dynamic horizon. With this variant you can create the job that will run before the heuristic.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

MRP Heuristic with reuse mode 'Use Suitable Receipt Elements' is used as product heuristic.

when i try to run the product heuristic manually the Old Pur req's are getting deleted.

MRP is run from daily process chain.

For some products old pur req's are deleted and for some products these are not deleted.

Any inputs please.

Regards

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

In your process chain please double clicks in the step Production planning run. On the bottom of your screen you will have the steps that are defined for production planning.

Choose the step with heuristic MRP_001 run. I think that you have a selection for products.

Check if your products are in the selection. Check the other selections (prod.planner, etc.) maybe you have some exclude values. Also check time profile for MRP_001. Is the start date in the past?

If everything is OK, I propose you to delete them manually and see if in the future you will have the same issue.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

I think you are running the Heuristic SAP_MRP_001 from Tcode /SAPAPO/CDPSB0.

If yes, can you please check that 'With Planning File Entry' Box is not checked. If its checked then the system does only net change planning.

Remove this tick and then try to run the MRP. Please share the findings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GIG,

we are not running the heuristic from scheduling board ,Heuristic is run from  Production planning run daily in a process chain.

Regards

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

Kindly see the Tcode carefully--I have mentioned  /SAPAPO/CDPSB0 . You can also run this Tcode in background through program /SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING.

It is NOT CDPS0 (which is meant for Planning Board).

Having said that-- all I am suggesting is can you check in the variant which runs the Production  Planning run whether 'With Planning File Entry' Box is checked or not. If its checked then the system does only net change planning.

Remove this tick and then try to run the MRP. Please share the findings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GIG,

Sorry for the confusion.

I have checked and in Production  Planning run With Planning File Entry' Box is not checked.

Regards

Maddy

0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

Can you tell me what planning procedure you have used in this case which has been assigned to your product.since you are using SAP_MRP_001 heuristic it will call the heuristic assigned in the product master and if there is no product heuristic assigned then it will used heuristic assigned to the planning procedure.

Following are the some of the procurement planning heuristics for which the reuse mode is relevant:

Name

Description

SAP_PP_002

Planning standard lots

SAP_PP_003

Planning shortage quantities

SAP_PP_004

Planning standard lots in three horizons

SAP_PP_005

Part period balancing

SAP_PP_006

Least-unit cost procedure (external procurement)

SAP_PP_013

Groff procedure

SAP_PP_C001

Planning standard lots for continuous requirements and receipts

SAP_PP_SL001

Planning standard lots with consideration of shelf life data

Regards

Ashutosh shende