cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table that stores Resource Pool / Resource Manager data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have been using table RPM_FES_MANGER_A to get data on resource pools and resource managers. To be more specific, I have a custom program that refers this table to determine the resource manager(s) for a given resource / BP. However, I have noticed that in some instances the table is not populated when I enter a resource manager for a resource pool. If I open the resource pool, the name of the resource manager is there so the data has to be stored somewhere else.

Had anybody experienced this issue before? Am I using the correct table to determine the resource manager(s) for a given resource? Any other table I can/should be using?

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

The following tables contains the details of the Resource pools.

RPM_POOL_DETAILS: Resource pool & Resources

RPM_POOL_ASSIGN: Resource Pool & Resource Managers

Combining both tables, you will be able to get resource manager from resources or vice-versa.

Similarly you can find all SAP tables component wise using the below blog.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi, this does answer my question. However do you know the purpose of table RPM_FES_MANGER_A and why it does not get populated all the time? If at all possible I am trying to avoid modifying the program.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

'RPM_FES_MANGER_A' is a resource manager fast entry screen table and what I could observe is wherever the user id (using to view the table) is resource manager, only those entries are visible in this table. I could observe that this table is used to view the resources available for a resource manager who has logged in PPM application to allocate demand for resources in  'Resources overview' screen.

And for your requirement, it is better to use the other tables which I have given.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In RPM_POOL_DETAILS the Resource Pool is linked to object type as well (in my case ORG or RES). So if I have added resource to the Pool by Organizational Unit (Object Type ORG from the table), I do not get the relationship between Resource Pool and Resources.

Would I then have to find the relationships in HRP1001 to find the resources of the Organizational Unit?

Best regards,

Morten

Answers (0)