cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct link to Fiori Inbox work item for Approval Application

0 Kudos

We have implemented the Generic approval application CA_ALL_APV for three different custom Approval scenarios in our company.

The business requirement is to allow the user to navigate to the Approval work item in the Fiori Inbox when he clicks on a link in his/her email.

Here is an example URL of a direct link to the Work item

https://myserver:host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-client=XXX&sap-l...)

When the user navigates to this URL authentication is requested but the user is then redirected to the fiori Launchpad and not to this work item.

Is there a way to navigate directly to the Fiori inbox work item?

Regards

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor

Puneet,

Looks like user is authenticating against AD/Identity server and then getting redirected to the FIori home page rather than the original Fiori Item link. Do you use any redirect for logging in? If yes, then you might have to look at those Login configurations.

0 Kudos

Krishna

Thanks for your response. We are using SSO with an external identity provide ping that validates against AD but to test this scenario we are using the URL from within the network with SSO disabled in our development environment to keep the variables to a minimum.

The log in screen we get is to the Netweaver gateway box and when we enter our credentials for the box we are redirected to the Launchpad. In this scenario there is no redirect happening on logging in at least from our side.

Regards

Puneet

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

What is the test result when you click the link 2nd time?

1st click - redirected to logon page. enter user and pass. UI should launchpage.

2nd click - I think it will work.

If SSO is working fine, I think the scenario works.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

0 Kudos

Hello Masa

Thank you you for your response.

You are right I have tried that out earlier and the second time link is clicked it works

The business scenario is the user gets an email with a link to the fiori line item

he clicks on the link which then takes him/her to the work item so that appropriate action approve/reject

can be completed. Some of them might be receiving one or two emails a week and clicking the link twice to get to the work item would not be intuitive and acceptable solution to the high leve executives that will be performing these approvals.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Regards

Puneet

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

If you setup SSO, URL is not redirected to logon screen and your scenario works.

Regards, Masa

0 Kudos

Hello Masa

Even after enabling SSO the first time we are being redirected to the Launchpad.

We had opened a note with SAP and they have recommended applying this note

2051210 - Anchors in HTTP URLS are not handled after SAML 2.0
authentication

I will update this thread once we try it out

Regards

Puneet

0 Kudos

SAP asked us to upgrade our Basis SP level from 04 to 07 as part of this note but after pushing back because of the effort involved in SP upgrade and the impact to our timeline they gave us a fix for the SAML issue in SP04 and the note fixed our issue

Regards

Puneet

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Thanks for sharing the info.

Regards, Masa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_gupta81
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

We are also having the similar issue with direct Fiori URL link to PO Approval work item. I read the thread and it looks the note is only applicable if you have SSO implemented as it talks about SAML 2.0 authentication. We don't have SSO implemented and wondering if there is a way to directly go to the work item embedded in the Fiori URL after logon. Any info you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nitin Gupta

0 Kudos

Hello Nitin

We were able to solve the issue with the note since we used SSO with SAML authentication.

The part after the # in the fiori URL is handled by the client and never reaches the server. The Note specifically address this lost anchor situation( part after the hash tag) with SAML authentication.

I am not sure if you can get direct links to work without SAML and single sign on.

Regards

Puneet

nitin_gupta81
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Puneet for your prompt response. We will be implementing SSO in few months so I think that should solve this issue. I will keep looking for other options if available in the meantime.

Nitin