Hi All ,

I'm trying to run a couple of FM in parallel by using new task :

Call function 'FM'

Starting new task '123' destination 'NONE'

Calling init_end on end of task.

In the WDA method init_end I have a parameter p_task and :

Receive results from function 'FM'.

-The FM signature is the same.

The above doesn’t worked so I added a time trigger but I can't pass the p_task parameter to the action method.

Is there any way for parallel processing in WDA beside shared objects and DB selections in the time trigger ?

Regards,

Arie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used call function starting new task ,

The FM updates the DB and after that I  used Time trigger to check the DB and update the view

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1601450

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arie,

Have you checked Singleton Class for data sharing????

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you probably found out the problem here is that you can't expect the WDA to be executed when you need it and that is why you resorted to using TimedTrigger. With TimedTrigger you could use any of the methods available for sharing data in Web Dynpros but that is far from optimal. The optimal solution would be to trigger an asynchronous event once the parallel processing is completed and the WDA would catch this event and do it's processing. See for reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

How can I get the FM output ?

When I'm trying to use "receive function results" I'm getting =>  Error when receiving answer to a remote function call 

Regards,

Arie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't do it the way you have implemented it. There is no connection between the WDA and the function module being run as a separate task. You need to program a central process for the parallel processing which schedules the work units and maintains their status, either in memory or in database. In that central process you can for example update a cluster table which you can then query in the WDA when it is invoked by TimedTrigger or explicitly. That said the solution is non-optimal. If you need help with the parallel processing part, use the SCN search to locate documents, blogs, discussions, etc. on the topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

"There is no connection between the WDA and the function module being run as a separate task"

The above means that any other FM call  ( in background / new or update task )  is irrelevant  ?

What do you mean by "central process"   ?

Is there any other way to bypass like submit a program or schedule a job ?

Thanks,

Arie.