Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use 2 Time trigger UI elements

giri_pailla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My user doesn't want to see the time out error in the webdynpro application after leaving(idle mode) the browser for hours. And one more thing is he wants a popup for every 15mnts to show a message on the screen.

So, I have used 2 Time Trigger UI elements to achieve this functionality,

1st one(Time Trigger UI Element) is used to show the pop up message and It is working fine to show the message in a Pop Up .

2nd one is used to handle the Time Out Error for hours and this is not working as expected, if user leaves the browser for hours .

I hope you understand my requirement and issue.

Could you please suggest me how to achieve this functionality.

1000 Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Giri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

If you dont want to show any time out error even after leaving the application idle for an hours, go to SICF->SAP->BC->WEBDYNPRO->SAP and select your application and increase/configure the required session timeout time as shown below.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

KH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

2nd one is used to handle the Time Out Error for hours and this is not working as expected, if user leaves the browser for hours

Could you please let know what you mean by not working as expected? The max idle time is decided by the session timeout parameter. So before that you need to trigger the Timed Trigger to show popup and again if the user is not taking any action( on the popup and still is idle), then you need to do a default action( logout automatically/refresh again using Exit plugs)

Regards,

Kiran

giri_pailla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your response.

If I set the 3 hours to 2nd Time Trigger UI element and tested after 2 hours and browser is still throwing the time out error message.

If I trigger the default action before the session time out parameter time, then popup and the user entered data will be erased, and user doesn't want this scenario.

Regards,

Giri

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I set the 3 hours to 2nd Time Trigger UI element and tested after 2 hours and browser is still throwing the time out error message.

After 2hrs is the time out error throwing by the Timed trigger or the standard session time out? I believe after 2 hrs the standard session time out is throwing! You need to give the delay time less than your session time out.

You can get the session timeout using wdr_task=>server->session_timeout ( in mins ) And you can get the application server time out using

data: name type pfeparname,

value type pfepvalue.

name = 'rdisp/plugin_auto_logout'.   " parameter

call 'C_SAPGPARAM' id 'NAME'  field name

id 'VALUE' field value.   " value contains time out 

Regards,

Kiran