cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus scan profile activation in ODATA

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue while uploading Image(*Base64 format)
into SAP through Netweaver Odata Gateway services. The issue is that the
content of the Image is supposed to come in a field that has datatype Xstring
but when we include a field with data type Xstring the framework starts giving
an error no virus scan profile is active . We did try various combinations of
Standard Virus Profile maintained , but no resolution came out of it. Now we
have created a new profile in customer namespace but now it gives an error
Incorrect Configuration for Profile <Profile Name>. We need help in
trying to figure out what is correct configuration that is to be maintained to
fix this issue.

There is an alternative that we deactivate the Virus Scan
profile through transaction /IWFND/VIRUS_SCAN and then we are able to post the
images , but this doesn’t look like an ideal solution as it would involve
transporting Virus scan profile to Production and quality and then deactivating
them over there manually.

I am getting error on "Recursive occurrence of virus scan profile  in the sequence"

Please suggest.

Regards,

Dharmesh Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bowbridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dharmesh,

here's what I think happens:

Your application is using a specific virus scan profile to scan the object transferred.

All virus scan profiles delivered as part of the SAP standard come with the setting "Use reference -> default", which means they point to the default virus scan profile for the scan settings.

I think, the profile used by your application is active AND default, so it is referencing itself ("recursive occurence...")

There are 2 ways to address this:

1.) create a new virus scan profile ("Z_ABCDE") and provide all required parameters (virus scan group in the "Steps" and optional scan parameters". Mark this profile as default and active. uncheck the "default" in the profile used by your application.

2.) edit the virus scan profile used by your application and remove the "use reference" checkmark and specify the required parameters in the "Steps" configuration (aka link to your virus scan group/provider).

Please feel free to contact me, should you need any further help!

Joerg

0 Kudos

Hi Joerg/Krishna ,

Thanks for your reply .

I have created Z_abcd and used existing profile but i am sure some configuration steps is missing, but i am not getting what are the steps.

below are the screenshots for standard profiles which i configure.

i dont know i an going on right way or not. Please suggest.

Regards,

dharmesh Sharma

bowbridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

In the Steps (2nd picture) you need to add a new entry to the list and specify the Virus Scanner Group (or Virus Scan Provider) you have created with your SAP-enabled virus scanning product.

Also, in the Profile Configuration Parameters, you have specified a lot of paramters. I am not sure if any product supports all of them (ours does not!)

Can you share which virus scanning solution (for SAP) you are using?

Joerg

0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have added the value on this.

which virus scanning solution (for SAP) i am using? "/S_ILM_DAS/SRS"

is there any document which is need to follow ? Do i need to create virus scanner group / Virus Scan Provider ?

How can i decide which virus profile need to select and what are the parameters need to configure as a basis point of view.

Regards,

Dharmesh

bowbridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dharmesh,

can you post a screenshot of transaction VSCAN, pls

I think you may not have any virus scan provider configured/installed. Then, obviously, virus scanning and content scanning will not work...

Joerg

0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

I tried to added the entry but status is stop, i tried to activate but showing error.

Regards,

Dharmesh

bowbridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dharmesh,

you do not have any virus scan product installed, so it seems.

I recommend you check out SAP note 817623

and SAP note 1494278 for a list of SAP certified virus scanning options.

I'd be more than happy to help you with the BowBridge option, get you access to the software and a license and further assist you remotely in the setup.

Joerg

0 Kudos

Joerg,

I have checked these notes. One question here ..Do we need os level access for these configurations ?

Because some how i haven't received the OS credentials from the customer and can't troubleshoot anythimg from that side.  Also can you please check the below URL and suggest if i'm going the right way or not.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/20000/PD20799/en_US/...

bowbridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dharmesh,

you will need OS-level access to install any of these products.

Please note McAfee discontinues their VSA as of September 2014 and recommends a migration to us (BowBridge). So check out www.bowbridge.net

0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

I found some soluation also. They shared a one document. i did the changes but still same problem.

Scan Profile setup

Transaction SM34 -> VSCAN_PROFILE_VC

Transaction /IWFND/VIRUS_SCAN

Set the Zprofile to the default

The Table /IWFND/C_CONFIG should have the entry

Please suggest . i have internal system and we dont have virus server. I am confused.

Regards,

Dharmesh

bowbridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dharmesh,

if you do not have a virus scanning product installed, then you cannot use the virus scanning option, obviously.

In that case, you have to disable all virus scan profiles. If your application explicitly requests virus scanning, you will have to handle the error in your code.

If you wish to use virus scanning, I repeat my offer to be happy to help you with software and trial licenses for our product.

Joerg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmesh Sharma,

Could y please share the solution.

Regards,

Moo

0 Kudos

Hi Moo ,

In my case i have deactivated the virus scan profile activation on ODATA . Because client was not ready to buy anti virus software for SAP according to these notes : 1494278 / 817623 .

We can deactivate the virus profile using Tcode : /IWFND/VIRUS_SCAN .

Please try and let me know in case any concern .

Regards,

Dharmesh

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, disabling Virus Scan Profile is not a good idea from security point of view.

Please check this thread and reply by Joerg Schneider-Simon.

He says

"2.) you can edit a pre-existing profile (i.e. HTMLB_UPLOAD) and configure the steps in this profile and make it default. Remember to uncheck "use reference", otherwise you will get a "recursive occurrence of profile XYZ" error message."