Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some service missing in PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Urgent!!

I'm checking readiness of SAP PI 7.31 dual stack and following SAP note : 817920.

When run transaction SICF for testing the HTTP services on the Integration Server, some service is missing, like esf_secure,pm.

Please suggest what should do? how it will effects? need to contact with basis team?

Thanks,

Arthita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194741
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arthita,

If your issue got fixed, plz reward and close the thread.

Regards,

Karthick

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arhita,

Not all services are mandatory to be up, it depends about the utilities that you want to need, it's useless and you reduce the performance if you set up services that you dont go to use.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for your quick replying.

I'm going to use web service in some scenario .Is those service is required for SOAP?

Do you have any link for understanding the purpose of above mentioned service?

Thanks,

Arthita 

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arhita,

Unfortunately i haven't any documentation about that SICF services, may be anyone in the SCN could share any documentation.

I can only say you that in my current PI 7.31 dual system i have all the srt services enabled. In this note 1501709 - ICF root nodes of the SOAP runtime pointed out the ABAP report SRT_WSP_SETUP_ICF to check the SRT services.

Regards.

former_member194741
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archita,

I had checked with the SS which you mentioned, and only esr_secure is found missing, its meant for secure WS activity, so you can contact your BASIS to do that activity. All other services is available in your SOAP run time.

But I am sure about its optional or Mandatory ,but better to activate that service.

Thanks,

karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki!

After setup through above mentioned report , "pm" service is enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

Do you have any link related to what kind of activities needs to be done from BASIS side?

Thanks,

Arthita

former_member194741
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

I had checked with our BASIS, the service which u r worrying is not a mandatory one,so u can proceed with your interface and it will work.

Thanks,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthick,

Thanks a lot for your help...