cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update POD date after invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have a problem that user feed wrong POD date in delivery and generate invoice . Now we want to update POD date without revers invoice is any option for this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Suresh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

You really need to train your users because they are making mistakes frequently

We can't make changes in any field until we reverse the subsequent document. This logic applies to every document (exceptions are there for some specific fields).

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

I  am agree with and i raise my concern to management and they make plan for this.

If i update POD date field directly through table update what is side effect of this i know SAP is recommend for this.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP doesn't recommends to update value in tables directly. This could be done in case of some very critical situation and where there is no other option available. Just to avoid reversing a document I won't suggest you to update value in table directly.

Side effects can't be described just like this. When we do this we come to know. One thing which is in my mind is that you don't know in how many tables SAP updates the information when we change POD date in VLPOD. You might update it in one table and what about others? There are many tables in which SAP updates change log, audit log etc. In my opinion don't try to gamble with standard tables.

Thank$