cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI FTP: Process 1 file at a time until it is successfully processed at the target system

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As the title said, I'm required to process 1 file at a time and only process the next file after the previous file has been successfully processed at the target system. The interface scenario is asynchronous FTP to ABAP proxy.

It is similar with the following link:

I think there could be 2 feasible solutions:

1. Configure EOIO at the sender CC. According to this link:

Queues for Asynchronous Message Processing (SAP Library - SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure)

It is stated that "Once the message has been processed successfully in the target system, the Integration Engine executes an implicit database commit."

In the case of asynchronous FTP to ABAP proxy, will the PI wait for the ABAP proxy to finish processing the file before sending the next one?

2. Configure locking at the ABAP program in ECC. I could ask the ABAPer to create a locking mechanism to lock the document before it is posted to BAPI. If the reference document is being locked, it will try again for the next second up to a certain times before it gives up.

Which 1 is actually fits the requirement?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK - First option should be fine and you can even define the queue name in the sender channel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Sorry, just 1 more question which I'm curious.

In NFS adapter we have the option to set the processing sequence to by Name / Date.

In FTP will it only by Date?

According to this link:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/f9/17888f490846a9972628525cc28aac/content.htm

"Messages are delivered with the same queue names (supplied by the application) in the same sequence that they were sent from the sender system"

If it is in the same sequence sent by the sender, I guess it is in the Date order for FTP. Is that correct?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

12. File Sender: Quality of Service EOIO (Exactly Once In Order)

• Q: How does a File Adapter sender channel handle the quality of service EOIO? Are files that match the File Name Scheme in the sender's channel configuration processed in arbitrary order?
  • A: The File Adapter allows you to configure the Processing Sequence of files for the Transport Protocol "File System (NFS)", which also determines the order for EOIO processing. Files can either be processed in ascending alphabetical order (Processing Sequence "By Name") or by their last modification time stamp (Processing Sequence "By Date"), where the oldest file is processed first. For the Transport Protocol "File Transfer Protocol (FTP)" files are always processed in ascending alphabetical order.

Reference : 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 File Adapter

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thank you for the replies.

I've tried both solutions and yes as you said that number 1 works and also number 2.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first option fulfills your requirement.