cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete a package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to HANA and I am practicing some tutorials. I have created a package in the 'Systems' view in the Developer Perspective. However, when I delete that package from the context menu, I get an error message like the one in the image below.

However, to me this package looks empty. I have even checked the SYS_REP package tables 'ACTIVATED_OBJECTS' and 'INACTIVATED_OBJECTS" and I could not find any such files there.

I executed the below SQL commands:

SELECT  * FROM "_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_OBJECT" where PACKAGE_ID = 'ajith.demos.HWX_WS.Demos'

SELECT  * FROM "_SYS_REPO"."INACTIVE_OBJECT" where PACKAGE_ID = 'ajith.demos.HWX_WS.Demos'

but they are not returning any values.

Can some one guide me as to how to safely delete such packages?

Thanks,

Ajith Cheruvally

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have resolved this issue by following the steps in the following link.

- I tried deleting them through the Web Based IDE first. However, there were still a previous Workspace related file which could not be deleted.

- I then recreated a workspace with the same name and checked it out and deleted from the project explorer and from repository and it worked!!!

https://answers.saphana.com/sap/answers/frontend/web#details/JIVE_DISCUSSION/113000

Thanks,

Ajith Cheruvally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajith,

Check this out, might help you out.

Regards,

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I think the way the package is deleted in that thread is not recommended (as explained the comment section of that document).

Thanks,

Ajith Cheruvally

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, i was in a belief that you were following the same way and i thought Lar's recommendation would be helpful for you.

Regards,

Krishna