cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract data from AMPLA to SAP BW

0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to extract data from a Non SAP system called AMPLA (SQL Server 2012) to SAP BI system (7.0). I need to consider possible ways for SAP BI to extract data from Non SAP Systems like DB Connect, UD Connect, Web services etc. Does anyone have experience extracting AMPLA data to SAP BI system successfully and what method is ideal to be used? Also in what form is data usually available in AMPLA source system(tables/views etc)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udit,

You can directly connect AMPLA DB to BI database using UDconnect unless there is a difference in platform.

Which platform BI system is running : OS, DB, BI version

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

BI details you require are as below:

OS - Windows NT

DB - MSSQL

BI Version - BI 7

I was thinking a DB Connect could be tried also.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udit,

As both AMPLA and BI are on Windows you can use DBconnect as well.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

It seems I cannot use DB Connect to fetch data into SAP BW from the source system (AMPLA) because they cannot provide me source data in a SQL View or Table to fetch data from.

They have CLR Stored Procedure via which I need to fetch data into SAP BW. Any clues what are the ways SAP BW can fetch data from Non SAP Source systems using CLR Stored Procedures?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udit

In SAP BW you can upload the data by flat file. from you AMPLA to flat file to SAP BW

BR

SS

0 Kudos

Excel would be the last option for now.

I wanted possible ways SAP BW(7.0) can extract data from AMPLA(SQL Server) via Stored Procedures? Unfortunately SQL Tables & Views are not available for extracting data.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udit

Before that could you refer this SAP Notes for database connection

128126: Database Connect for external tools

1601608: How to access an external SQL Server database

Regards

Sriram

0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I am aware of UD Connect & DB Connect methods to extract data into BW from Non SAP systems. However my specific issue is that in the SQL Source System, I'll have access to only SLR Stored procedures(collection of SQL statements) to retrieve data. Unfortunately there is no access to SQL Tables or Views.

So my guess is that I might have to think about extraction via Web service. Does anyone have a step by step document for extraction from SQL Server source system to SAP BW using Web Services?