cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gateway, Workmanager and SMP 3 relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to setup SAP mobile platform(SMP 3.0) for our company and deploy SAP WorkManager. After going through SMP documentation I believe this is the setup that is needed:

SAP Business               SAP Gateway                                             SMP 3.0 cluster

Suit Backend    <---->    (Formerly Netweaver Gateway)   <---->  (comes with embedded integration  <---->  Mobile devices(WorkManager APP)

gateway)

SAP Gateway(formerly netweaver gateway) exposes backend data through OData protocol, SMP 3.0 cluster which consists of data tier cluster(2 Oracle DB servers) and application cluster(2 SMP 3 servers) provisions that OData channels. Workmanager is deployed on SMP 3.0. Now I have these questions:

1- Is this a correct setup?

2- Workmanager is a Syclo Agentry APP so do I need to put that SAP Gateway there?

3- Considering that Workmanager is Syclo APP, Does it use embedded integration gateway inside SMP 3.0?

4- If question 3 answer is Yes, and considering integration gateway can not be clustered, what would be my alternative clustering(HA) solution?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pouya Na,

Agentry Applications (including SAP Work Manager) don't require SAP Gateway or the embedded Integration Gateway of SMP 3.0.

The Agentry Server 7.0 is embedded within SMP 3.0 and communicates with the Agentry Clients via WebSockets over HTTPS. For Work Manager, the Agentry Server communicates with ECC (Mobile Addon Installed) via JCo/RFC connections.

From a very high level the landscape for Work Manager is

ECC (Mobile Add-On) <----- JCO ---->  SMP 3.0 (Agentry 7.0) <---- HTTPS -----> Agentry Client App

Some useful information -

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Stephen