SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Jurisdiction Code not defined for procedure TAXSE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing any issue with the error "Tax Jurisdiction Code not defined for procedure TAXSE"

We are in mid of production bill run and this is getting very critical. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

The company code country is SE (Sweden)

We have 2 BPs with address in California, US.

The Billing is successful for both the BPs.

While invoicing, one BP is successful.

The other is going in error "Tax Jurisdiction Code not defined for procedure TAXSE".

Error Details

Jurisdiction code not defined for procedure TAXSE

Message no. FF748

Diagnosis

You have entered a jurisdiction code in a country whose calculation procedure
does not allow the entry of jurisdiction codes.

System Response

Procedure

Check and, if necessary, correct the entry.

Procedure for System Administration

If it is not an input error, check and possibly change the system
settings.

To do this, choose Maintain entries (F5).

Change your calculation procedure so that tax calculation is carried out
using the jurisdiction code.

The BP and the CA setup is exact for both the cases.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to the note, the BP that was invoiced successfully had a CA with Tax Jurisdiction code as initial.

The BP that failed had Tax Jurisdiction populated on CA.

When we creaeted BP and CA, the TXJCD is blank on CA.

When the BP is changed, the TXJCD is populated on CA.

Is there a way we can remove the TXJCD on CA so we can resume the invoicing?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have the Jurisdiction code field (FKKVKP-TXJCD) maintained as changeable field through transaction code CAA2.

If no, then you can maintain the jurisdiction code as a changeable field in the following configuration-

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide-->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable--->Basic Functions--->Contract Accounts--->Field Modifications--->Configure Field Attributes per Activity

Select Change and click on field grouping and make the changes in there.

Alternatively, you can develop a custom program to update the table field FKKVKP-TXJCD, by giving contract account as input.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks.

I tried the field grouping activity and marked the TXJCD field as "Optional" Entry.

I do not see here anything to set the field as "changable".

I can set it as hide, required, optional, display or just leave it default.

However the field on CAA2 is greyed out and cannot be changed manually.

Regarding the custom program, the BAPI to change the CA does not change this field.

Looks like SAP standard is not permitting to change this field. Not sure why.

I so not intend to write a program to update the databse directly.

Thanks again,

0 Kudos

Hi

Go to the following SPRO config-

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide-->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable--->Basic Functions--->Contract Accounts--->Field Modifications--->Configure Field Attributes per Activity

Select Change and double-click on field grouping Jurisdiction code.

You will get the following screen.

You have to tick the option Changes plannable and then you will be able to remove jurisdiction code from CAA2

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

I have the same exact setup.

The field if not editable.

Just a side note that we dont have ISU.

We have extended FICA-X with CC and CI.

The F1 Help suggest as below.

Looks like it cannot be changed via Transaction. Same is the behaviour using BAPI.

Is it possible to supress the TXJCD at the BP level?

We have US customers but the company code country is not US.

The TXJCD is of no use to us.

0 Kudos

No - US addresses use jurisdictions for tax purposes.  To me, the CA which invoiced successfully is wrong in some way.  You could change the BP address to a non-US value and then the CA would not have a jurisdiction.  You could then also change the mailing address for the CA to the correct value.

You might also change/remove the tax procedure for US - that is a global FI setting.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

William,

As a quick workaround, we changed the address of the US customer to a non US country.

This solved the issue in the current bill run.

And reset address back to US before printing the invoices.

But this option is not scalable.

Today we have 3 cases, next bill run it cound be 30.

What I was thinking is if we could some how supress the TXJCD population in CA.

CA will always have blank value.

Not sure if I am making sense

Thanks.

0 Kudos

You could define an entry for TAXSE and generic tax jurisdiction codes.  Or you can change your global FI settings for country US as previously mentioned.  It is the BP address which is the problem.  I wonder about your scenario - why did the BP get a jurisdiction in the first place?  Did someone define the allowable jurisdictions?  Seems like some steps were skipped.

0 Kudos

Well, we have 2 company codes.

One is US and other is EU.

The US company code has US customers and they have to have jusirdiction code.

The EU company code has US customers as well. But jurisdiction code is populated becuase of standard US procedure.

If by any mean (using configuration), we could disable the jurisdiction code for EU company's US BPs, it will resolve my problem.

ABAP route is being explored.

If we define TAXSE, it solves the problem for US customers. But then it compians for non US customers while invoicing because of missing TXJCD..

0 Kudos

Its a very old Note but looks like this is exact the error we are facing when TAXSE is defined.

Note - 556355