cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NETWEAVER 7.4 ESS & MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some question about the compatibility betweens SAP Netweaver 7.4 and the BP ESS & MSS, where i can found this? and i can download  and deploy ESS and MSS when do the upgrade of Netweaver Portal with de SUM and the MOPZ or i have to download the BP from the marketplace manually?

The current backend is on EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0

SAP_HR        600            0064       SAPKE60064                       Human Resources

EA-HR            600            0064       SAPKGPHD64         SAP Enterprise Extension HR

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

When you upgrade/update any system, you have to generate a XML file from MOPZ in solution manager. Now this file has the target system information based on source stack and the options that you choose during a maintenance transaction(for eg. Kernel, SPs, Add-on). Once all the packages are confirmed, these are added to your download basket, which you have to download manually.

When you start SUM you have to upload this XML into it.

That is what RB has communicated aboved.

Divyanshu

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Patches are always downloaded manually. Run MOPZ for the portal system to be upgraded and you will come to know the patches that re required.

You may read these SAP notes

1909625 - SAP Netweaver 7.4 Portal upgrade - which XSS packages to use

1303362 - ESS/MSS and Enhancement Packages

1927803 - How-to select an ESS/MSS ERP product version when upgrading SAP Netweaver version

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Reagan,

I saw the note 1927803 and say  for me backend system i have to install SAP Netweaver Portal 7.31, i will install this versión.

I can upgrade the portal with the SUM and just select the BP ESS & MSS from the MOPZ?, still not clear to me this way.