cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Conditions not populating on free of charge sales order deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some assistance, please.  I have searched SCN, but have not been able to find a solution to my problem.

We need to be able to charge freight charges on Free of Charge sales orders and am not able to get the charges to populate in the delivery.  We send the product for free, but sometimes need to charge the customer shipping charges.

Below are steps I have completed:

• Created custom header condition of ZFRC
  • Added to sales order pricing procedure as a manual condition
    (the charge will be updated from external system)
  • Created Delivery Pricing procedure containing only my
    freight conditions (also manual condition)
  • VTLA settings for item category KLN (free of charge item):
    • Condition Order requirements – 1 Header
  • VTFL settings for item category KLN:
    • Pricing Type – D  Copy pricing elements unchanged
    • Price Source – E  Delivery/Order

There are times when the freight charges will be added to the sales order, but I also need to be able to add them directly on the delivery.

When charges are added directly to the sales order, they will flow thru to the invoice without an issue, but when I try to add at the delivery level, they are not populating, which results in $0 invoice.

I am not receiving any kind of error messages when trying to add the charges.

We also have this situation with standard orders, but I am not having any problems with it.  I tried to mimic that set up for free of charge orders, but it is not functioning properly.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. 
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard settings item category KLN doesn't have pricing activated on it. If you don't activate the pricing on it system won't copy the freight condition value from delivery to billing document. If you want to copy it then you have to activate pricing on KLN. You can use standard pricing or free goods pricing. In standard pricing you could enter a discount condition with 100%. Did you try by activating pricing on KLN? This is just and idea. Give it a try and update.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help on this!  Problem is fixed!

Have a good day!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie Leach

Could you please share the solution so that it can help others in future?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the configuration mentioned in original question, I did as was suggested and activated pricing on item category KLN and applied a 100% discount at the item level. 

Thank you again for your assistance.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at this note whether it helps you

• Note 1905032 - Pricing when saving the delivery without pricing type

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.   I did look at the note and it does not help with my situation. 

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mentioned that sometimes you add the price in Sales Order, I assume that the condition type in Sales Order is same, ie., ZFRC, and it is a Header Condition. Kindly confrm.

Also let me know that when you maintain the ZFRC in delivery, and then create the invoice, what the condition analysis is showing in Invoice. If possible post the screen shot here.

Thanks and regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

Yes, the condition type used in the Sales Order is the same, ZFRC and it is also a header condition. 

The condition analysis is not available in the invoice because there is no condition in the invoice.  Below are screen shots of the analysis from the LINE ITEM of the delivery note (there is not analysis available on the header) and the header details of the conditions from the invoice and the delivery.

Line Item Analysis:

Delivery Header Details:

Invoice Header Details:

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thank you for your assistance!

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The same scenario I created and I am able to get the desired result.

Kindly provide the screen shot of Invoice Condition by double-clicking on ZFRC, like below:

Thanks and regards,

Amitesh Anand