cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record data into SAP HANA table with CLOB type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to record data into SAP HANA table which has column with CLOB type.

When I use document structure for the receiver JDBC adapter with action SQL_DML, all works well. But when I try to insert data using structure with action INSERT, I get the following error:

Message processing failed. Cause: javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/NClob; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/NClob; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/NClob; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/NClob

Could anybody help me to solve this error?

And one more question: Which of two ways (INSERT structure or SQL_DML query) has better performance and is preferable to use?

Thanks in Advance for your responses

Andrei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I haven't inserted any clob data using Insert statement (instead of that i have used SP) so not sure if that can actually be done or not...

But, having said so, if your SQL_DML statement is working (usually used to formulate complex query which i believe is ur case)  then i think u should not worry for Insert action because at runtime both Insert and SQL_DML statement will formulate the same SQL query to insert data in DB so IMO performance/processing time would be same for both the statements.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Thank you for reply, it's really helpful.

But maybe you have any ideas why this error occurs? Is it possible that java version on PI server is important (now we have 1.6)?

And you mentioned you insert CLOB data using SP but could you explain how to insert a set of records in this way? IMO we can do it by changing occurences of SP statement to 1..unbounded, but it means we need to execute SP for each record and it will impact performance.

Thanks

Andrei

Answers (0)