cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM console not connecting to MDM server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Need some assistance

<b>My environment:</b>

<b>----

</b>

I have unarchive the MDM server , Import server and syndicating server files in solaris 5.10, created a database. brought the database up and execute the script that makes the 3 servers to run on the background.

I have also installed the MDM console, Data Manager, Import Manager, Syndication Manager and Layout server on windows 2003 server.

<b>Issues:</b>

<b>----

</b>

1. I am unable to mount the server from MDM console

2. Unable to figure out how MDM server which is running in the background should be linked with the database.

3. In order to complete the MDM installation and configuration do I need any (WAS ABAP or JAVA), if yes then where? (In solaris where already 1 database that was created manually ) is running or on windows 2003 server where the MDM console is ?

Need some assistance

Regards

Basit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using CLIX for loading the repository.

CLIX commands can be used for any repository specific functions.

You will need the Java WAS if you are using Enrichment Framework.

If you are using the MDM Enrichment framework, then Java WAS should be in the same host as the MDM Server.

You will need the Java WAS if you want to make use of the Portal MDM Business Package. This can be treated as a regular portal installation.

You will need the ABAP WAS if you are using the MDM ABAP API, and you want to integrate MDM and ABAP based systems.