cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidate Planned Orders for Past demands

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have come across the following requirement. So, please follow the Screen shots.

You can see that MRP Run has created 2 planned orders for the separate 2 demands (One is for 11.02.2014 and another one is for 15.04.2014). But when you look at the demands, you can see that these are old demands. How can we configure the system to have only 1 planned order for the qty 101 by having the date as latest finished date.

So for an example.

I want to have one planned order for 101 giving the date as 05.08.2014.

I'm open to any valuable suggestions as I've a sand pit client to do some testing. Just want to show you the setting for parameters for determine the Basic Dates. ( I have a  clear idea what the following settings do)

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Ishara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ishara

The bucket control for creating planned orders is in the product master in APO on the demand tab, you can choose for example, lot-for-lot, where an order is created for each demand, or daily/weekly buckets so one planned order is created to cover any demands in that period.

Good luck

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thank you very much for the reply. Can you please give me some more clues ? Did you mean to change the configuration for lot size procedure ? or change the master data settings for that material ?

Kind regards,

Ishara

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ishara

You should be able to meet your requirements by changing the master data in the APO product location master.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the reply. Our company is not using APO. We are using ECC. So we haven't got APO product location master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Can anybody please look at my query ?

Great help if anyone can come up with something to try.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Ishara

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Can anybody please look at my query ?

Great help if anyone can come up with something to try.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Ishara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ishara,

Please check in MRP1 tab the lot size data (weekly, monthly,...). I think that your setting is monthly. For this reason you have two pl.orders created one for February (10 EA) and the other for April (91 EA). If you want to have just 1 pl.order choose min/max lot size equal with 101 EA.   

Also check in MRP4 tab, section BOM explosion what is your individual/collective setting (should be collective).

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Thank you for the reply. The BOM explosion setting is collective in MRP 4 tab. I just need to have  one planned order for the old demand. If I change the lot size data then it will affect to all the planned orders which will be generated by MRP run. The question is how can we consolidate planned orders for old requirements ?

Can anyone make any suggestions for my query ?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ishara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can someone kindly look into my query please ?

Kind regards,

Ishara