Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel 721 Patch 300 integrated SAPCCM4x

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have just upgraded one of our systems kernels from 700 to the above release.  I then proceeded to re-register the sapccm4x agent via solution manager using rz21.  I hit an RFC problem when the agent tried to register, witnessed in the rfc trace from the managed system.

Essentially the remote managed system doesn't understand the host name of our solution manager and when we used the standalone agent we would specify the IP address instead of the host name.

I haven't been able to find any options that allow us to do that with the integrated version, without resorting to debugging (function module SAL_WS_REGISTER_AGENT).

Is there a way as we can't edit the hosts file of the remote machine?

Also the agent seems to alert every hour saying inactive, even though in RZ20 it shows as active and green in current status with availability at 100%.

ALERT for SID \ CCMS_Selfmonitoring \ SAPCCM4X.D50SID.50 \ Status at 20140804 130027 ( Time in UTC )

System: SID at 20140804 140027 ( Time in GMTUK ) RED CCMS alert for monitored object Status Alert Text:Inactive since 04.08.2014, 14:00:27. Last test: 04.08.2014, 14:00:27 System:SID

Segment:SAP_CCMS_hostname_SID_00

MTE:SID\CCMS_Selfmonitoring\SAPCCM4X.D50SID.50\Status

Client:000

User:ADMIN

Severity:       50

Any ideas?

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Remove the system entry from solution manager.

U-register the old agent from solman.

Recreate entry for the system in RZ20.

Generate logical ports.

Follow below note for CCMS:

Check section 3 and 5.7

1713986 - Installation of kernel 721 (EXT)

Also check:

Note 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

Note 1629598 - SAP Kernel 720 will replace older kernel versions

Also, in hostagent, add

service/porttypes = SAPHostControl SAPOscol SAPCCM

Divyanshu

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

I had already followed note 1713986 when I did the upgrade.  However I had to unregister the new sapccm4x again and re-register to stop it from alerting every hour.  Strange since I had followed the SAP Note instructions to the letter.

SAP Host Agent host_profile already has those entries. Albeit note quite the same :-

service/porttypes = SAPHostControl SAPOscol SAPCCMS

Any idea about adding IP address when registering the new SAP CCM4x agent via Solution Manager?

Thanks

Craig

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why use IP ?

Update host and IP in host file.

If all steps done as per above notes then register agent from RZ20 by creating remote monitoring entry.

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We don't have access to change the host file on the remote monitored system.  Since the standalone version of SAPCCM4x allowed you to change this, I don't understand why the option isn't there in the integrated version.

Cheers

Craig

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to give IP address in place of host name in solman.

Atleast. update this IP with hostname in host file of solution manager.

Divyanshu