cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a screen using a rule - Agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am working on SAP Work Manager 6.0 customising using Agentry 6.1.3. I have this requirement of opening a new screen automatically via a rule, once all the contents of a tile list have been edited completley, a new edit screen must open up. Let's say for example, on a tile list I have 3 items, the user clicks on the first one and completes it, then the second one and completes it and finally, after completing the last one, a new screen must open. I was thinking of triggering this via a rule, but now, on which rule would this trigger sit and how can I structure the rule so as to open a new screen after.

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sizo,

As the user selects the item from the tile list and completes it, the action that is completing the item from the list will need to have a conditional subaction attached to it that will evaluate if all the items in the list are complete and then open the new screen.

The subaction will have an enable rule to check if all the items are complete.  If it returns true the action will run which will be a simple action to navigate to the new screen.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill;

Thanks a lot, I have done exactly as you have outlined above and the screen is opening fine, just at the point when I want it to open, but suprisingly, the contents maintained on this page are not saved after clicking finish, even though I have a save/Apply within the action that is called by the subaction and after the subAction. Please kindly see screenshots below:

What could I be missing?

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sizo,

Sounds like you are trying to do a tile edit or a List Tile View Edit.   This way the client will only open one screen and will not fire an action.

If you want the user to have different screens in the transaction or even different transactions then you need have an action call the transaction(s).

In the screen set that is linked to the transaction you can enable rules on the screen to check to see if the screen needs to get displayed or not.

Or if you are calling different transactions, you can use Sub-Actions and have an enable rule to see if it needs to go into the subaction witch can the other actions.

Stephen,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen;

I have tried using an enable rule on the screen that I would like to have opened, but this does not seem to open the screen. Could there be something wrong with my rule or I'm applying it at the wrong place? Please see rule below:

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu