cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity Difference while convereting TR/TO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I'm facing a quantity difference issue while system automatically convert transfer requirement into transfer order in background. I posted a good receipt of material 27589 in 3 batches as AA 20 qty, AB 15 qty and AC 30 qty. TR was created with AA 20 qty, AB 15 qty and AC 30 qty but TO was created with as AA 20, AB 10 and AC 30 qty. There was difference of 5 qty for batch AB..Can anyone let me know what the reason is behind?

Regards

Mihir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor

If in your process a TO is created in background (I understood it is), it will create items with all the possible quantities, and the rest will be left open on TR.
So if you needed a qty of 15 for batch AB, and TO is on 10, it means that the system failed to find a suitable destination bin for this qty of 15.

What to do to troubleshoot the problem...
First get the TR number, it should have still open qty of 5 for batch AB.
Go to LT04, enter your warehouse number and your TR. Execute.
You will manually try to create a TO for the rest of the qty (5 in your case for batch AB).
When you try to generate the TO, the system will let you know of the problem, most probably not being able to find any suitable bin for putaway.
Go to storage bin search log if you don't get the information on the problem in front-end.
Environment => Storage bin search log.
It will give you an idea why the system can't find the suitable destination location for your quant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

Thanks for your reply. I'm able to create the new TO for the rest of the quantity but still my concern is that how can i knew that system didn't able to find suitable destination location for the batch AB?? Once the TO is posted, I can't find storage bin search log under the Environment.

Regards,

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mihir,

I see. Indeed, you cannot see the search log because the error happened in background, and later when you try manually, the TO gets created successfully, but that means there's no log, which comes up if error happens during bin search.

What you can do, is cancel this TO created in background, and then reprocess the TR in LT04 manually for the entire (initial) quantity(-ies).
In this way you should get the storage bin search log and the same error that's happening in background, and will be able to analyze the system behavior. Why it fails, what is the actual problem.

If that fails... i would advise you to try to find a pattern of some kind.
For example, if you notice that right after the system created TO for partial qty, you try manually and successfully create a TO but for another bin, and it always puts away the remaining qty in another bin, then maybe there is a problem with splitting items in TO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

TO is confirmed so not able to cancel it. i still didnt understand why it got splitted for second batch not for first and third batch. I haven't done any customzation for partial TO.

as you said in your your previous reply, system might not able to find suitable storage bin to put away, how system find suitable bin for only partiall quantity?? I don't have even capacity check for storage bin

Regards

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well that's a new interesting fact..

If you don't have capacity check, then this doesn't have sense even more.
It did putaway partial quantity to the bin, so without capacity check, t should have placed entire qty.
There was nothing to stop it there.

Very interesting case.
I would like to see the screen with your ST config if possible.

Also, for your material, give me WM 2 view, with palletization data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

WM 1 View

WM 2 View

ST BIN

Thanks

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mihir,

I just need one more screen, storage type config.

OLML => WM => Master data => Define storage type => give me the settings for ST R51.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

here is the R51

Regards,

MJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Update?