cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change section layout type within a dialog box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it somehow possible to change the section layout type within a dialog box? I want to create a non-trivial dialog box which contains a formular and a list component side by side. In a standard page of an GAF or OVP it is possible to change the section style to a 2-row Layout. But in a dialog box page this possibility is disabled. Is there any reason for this? If it is not possible to change to layout, is there any other way to place two UIBBs side by side in a dialog box?

Best regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Just to clarify. I think you meant "two column layout" instead of "two-row layout". In any case...

I don't know why this property is disabled for dialog box but I think you can use composite component as a container for your's components configurations (it allows two-column layout). Also you can try to use tabbed component.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

sorry, you are right, I had a two column layout in mind but I was faster in writing than thinking

What do you mean by a "composite component"? Is this an FPM concept/UIBB or have I go back to WDA programming to make use of it? Do you have some more information about it for me?

Thank your very much,

Thomas

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Just create component configuration for FPM_COMPOSITE_UIBB web dynpro component and place it on your dialog box. This component configuration can include other component configurations, that is why you can add your's form and list in it. Layout of composite component configuration can be changed on "two-column".

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

thank you very much for the answer. It does exactly what I've searched for.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)