cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Inventory Manager 4.0 installation problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having problems when trying to install the new version of Inv Manager 4.0 on windows server 2008.  The installation is performed by first installing and patching to latest release an SMP 3.0 server, followed by an installation of the SAP Inventory Manager 4.0.0 Deployment exe file.  That installation runs without any errors but no app is visible on the SMP, no folders or shortcuts or other indications are visible that it was successful.  Also very strange is that according to the installation guide there are some steps (1-6) which I cannot see, my install runs jumps directly from step 3 step nr. 7 (serial numbers, install type, keys are all missing or not requested by the installation for some reason).  I have installed this on 4 different servers/PC´s where at least 2 of those were totally fresh systems that didn´t have any previous installation of either Agentry or SMP.  The prerequisites are met (java, jco etc) but what puzzles me the most is that I don´t see any logs or error messages. 

Help is much appreciated  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Bjorn,

At very high level...

1) Install  SMP Server   with Latest support pack. you don't need to enter any server serial numbers details.

2) Logon to SMP Management cockpit.

3) create Agentry  application for Inventory Manager and save it.

4) Once Agentry application is created under server->configuration folder you can see a folder created.

Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.

5)  Execute SAPInventoryMgr400Deployment.exe by entering SAP back end connection details.

6)   Once you complete step 5), you have IM 4.0 deployment application is created.  at this point you  can copy all the  deployment folder contents to application folder created in step 4) or do publish from editor or follow step 5.

5) Select Agentry application ->go to App Specific settings tab ->Under publish option "upload your Inventory Manager  deployment zip file" and save the changes.

6) Re-start  the Server.

7) Test if your application is deployed correctly  by entering URL in the browser https ://<hostname>:8081/<appname> .  you should get response as 'I'm here".

😎  if step 7) is not successful then troubleshoot  Agentry app deployment ( turn on agentry logging and check for startup errors ).

check this thread for SMP 3.0 Server Installation troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manju.  I got confused by the installation guide   and am a little rusty in SMP/Agentry  

Ragavie
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Manju for detailed information. very helpful

Answers (0)