and overvie presentation will be good 

thanks

Andre Cronje

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

There can be a number of transitional steps to move from SCM with liveCache to ERP/SCM on HANA. The bottom line is that liveCache becomes part of the HANA database so there is no need for a separate liveCache server. SCM on HANA is generally available now. See SAP Note 1825703. I believe the following steps are representative. You'll have to consult with your SAP representative for the exact details.

Steps -> SCM w/ LC -> SCM w/ LC and HANA -> SCM w/ HANA -> SCM on ERP w/ HANA

You don't have to go through each step. I'm not sure when the consolidated ERP/SCM on HANA will be GA.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

the understanding is then that this is only possible with HANNA

thanks

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I'm not sure what you're referring to. HANA is the target db. The perfomance of HANA with data processing is phenominal. When pieces of the application programs are rewritten to be part of HANA, the performance again increases dramatically.

Disclosure: I am with SAP.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Sorry for the confusion my understanding and what i am trying to clarify is that it will only be possible to run SCM_APO_ON_ERP: Business Function SCM-APO, SAP APO on a SAP  HANNA database, this will not be possible on an Oracle database

This functionality is defined in the SAP Enhancement Package 3 for SAP SCM 7.0, Support Package 3 release notes on point 2.1.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

As far as I know, SCM/APO on ERP is only possible with HANA, not Oracle.

Mike

Answers (0)