cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMR with skip lots & without inspection severity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where my user needs the DMR at lot level where they do not need the inspection severity to be picked from DMR because the inspection plan has got different sampling procedures for respective MIC's.

Example:

Create a inspection  plan with 3 MIC's for a material as shown below which is having active inspection type as 01: Inspection lot against GR

MIC
Sampling procedure
Inspection severity for sampling procedure
TemperatureSAMP1SEV1 (for 100 lot size, sample size =5)
LengthSAMP2SEV2 (for 100 lot size, sample size = 😎
WidthSAMP3SEV3 (for 100 lot size, sample size = 2)

DMR at lot level is assigned to the inspection plan

DMR is defined as given below:

Stage
Insp severity
SkipInitial
No. of OK inspections
New stage if OK
No. of not ok insp's
New stage if not OK
1sev1yes21
2yes11

When a inspection lot is created against a GR for 100 lot quantity for this material then system will show the sample size in the results recording screen by considering the DMR inspection severity for all MIC's as shown below.

MICTo inspectInspectedResult
Temperature5
Length5
Width5

My requirement is system should propose me the sampling size as per the sampling procedures assigned to the MIC's in theinspection plan as shown below:

MICTo inspectInspectedResult
Temperature5
Length8
Width2

Lots should be skipped normally as shown in the DMR but sample size should be calculated from the sampling procedure assigned to the MIC.

Please help me out if there is any standard practice in SAP for this requirement.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When we are assigning sampling scheme to the sampling procedure, on the top left additional data tab is available where we can define the default inspection severity for that sampling procedure.

Thanks for all you support.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you actually define three separate severities for those sampling procedures?

You should have three different sampling procedures.  All using the same severity codes, I.e. normal, tightened, reduced.

In your first chart above the severity codes for the MIC's sampling procedures should all be sev1.

Craig

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to choose "fixed sample" for sampling type. (not "sampling scheme")

And different 3 sampling procedure which have 2/5/8 sample size should be assigned to each MIC.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

I am concerned about the sample size calculation here.

Yes I have defined three seperate severities for those sampling procedures.

Each sampling procedure has many inspection severities assigned to it and I am defining the default inspection severity in the additional tab of sampling procedure so that where ever i use the sampling procedure automatically the default inspection severity will be considered for calculating sample sizing,

For example:

I have assigned normal, reduced, tightened and loose inspection severity to SAMP1 sampling procedure, then here I will default the inspection severity for the sampling procedure as reduced inspection. In this case where ever I use SAMP1 sampling procedure automatically reduced inspection severity will be considered for sampling sizing.

Similarly, I have assigned normal, reduced, tightened and loose inspection severity to SAMP2 sampling procedure, then here I will default the inspection severity for the sampling procedure as loose inspection. In this case where ever I use SAMP2 sampling procedure automatically loose inspection severity will be considered for sampling sizing.

The procedure which I have given above is standard practice in SAP, but here I want to assign DMR at inspection lot level.

DMR: If 1 lot is created then 3 lots should be skipped. Here inspection severity should not play any role.

Inspection severities should be picked from the sampling procedure assigned to the inspection plan and sample size should be calculated as per the default inspection severities assigned to the respective sampling procedure for an MIC.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Do-Wook Kim,

What you have said is true, but this will give me fixed sample all the time irrespective of the lot sizes.

My requirement is sampling size should be calculated based on the lot sizes, so sampling scheme must be used in the sampling procedure.

Please read my reply to Craig where I have given example also..

Thank you

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. The insp. severity in sampling procedure is only used when you don't use DMR.

2. If you want to use different sampling table for each MIC, you have to define different sampling schemes.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Actually this is what I want, Insp. severity in sampling procedure should be considered even though DMR is assigned to the insp. plan.

Is there any solution for this.

Pl Help.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you create 2 more sampling scheme?

You can follow the standard way.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kim,

I am assigning DMR at lot level to the inspection plan and when I am applying the DMR to the insp. plan system is considering the sample size from the inspection severity given in the DMR when an inspection lot is created.

My requirement is system should not consider the sample size from the insp. severity assigned to the DMR. Sample size should be calculated based on the sampling procedure assigned to the MIC's when inspection lot is created.

Can we do this with standard practice, If yes how?

Thank you.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, using a DMR at lot level and the inspection severity at the characteristic level is kind of counter intuitive isn't it?  I mean if you have a characteristic requiring tighten inspection, why would you want your lot level DMR to have say a skip lot at that time?

You might be able to get close to what you want by having DMR at MIC level and then having maybe a couple of controlling MIC's.  If all the MIC's at some point in time, become skipped characteristics, then the entire lot becomes a skip lot.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

Is there any way where we can create DMR without inspection severity.

Also can you please explain the behaviour of the system when we apply DMR at inspection type level in inspection plan.

Thanks.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. just leave inspection severity value blank in the DMR.  It will use the default severity defined in the sampling procedure.

At the inspection type level it works no different than at any other level.  I have never seen anyone use this, but I'm sure somewhere there is an example where it might be used.  (anyone out there have any real life examples?). 

The only example I can think of would be maybe where you receipt in truckloads of ore from the same region or mine but the ore is hauled by independent haulers.  I.e. they buy it from the mine and haul it, and the hauler is paid.  Each hauler would have a different material numbers because you have to pay each hauler independently for what they haul.  You receive in each truck.  But you only inspect every third truck regardless of who hauled it.  So if you had three ore haulers, you'd have three materials being receipted in all day long.  But the DMR would be calculated as if they were all the same material number because all three materials would use the same inspection type. 

Now the above is TOTALLY made up just to provide an example.  I would really like to hear from someone that has used this in a real project and provide us a real world example, (in generic industry terms only, no customers need to be revealed).

Craig

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI.

The inspection type level means "material level".

It considers the material and plant only.

For this funtionality you have to assign DMR in material master.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I stand corrected.  I've never used it myself as i said and from the help files that appeared to me how it worked.

Thanks!

Craig